Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows XP and Rig Blaster Problems  (Read 952 times)
AC7KZ

Ignore
« on: December 28, 2002, 06:37:35 PM »

I just bought a new computer that runs Windows  XP.  My old system ran Windows 98.  I hooked up my Rig Blaster Plus to my new computer that runs XP, and the my radio stays in tx.  I looked at the rigblaster website, and they had a fix for Windows ME edition, and for xp.  I tried the XP fix, and no luck.  
I guess the DTR line is set to high.
Any suggestions?  Thanks very much.
K0HZI

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2002, 09:00:50 PM »

Open Control Panel, Click the System Icon, Hardware tab, Device manager, expand Ports (Com & LPT), highlight the Com port that is connected to the Rigblaster, check to see if the flow control is set to None, that is the correct setting (NONE).
W9DPY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2003, 01:36:05 PM »

I also have the same problem, with an H/P Omni Book XE3. I am using Windows ME. The DTR line will not go low. Tried every fix; so if you find something, please post it. PS: The MS "hot fix" is worthless! After reading many posts, most people are able to fix this. It's the combination of the H/P notebook and ME.
K6RBS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2003, 09:23:21 PM »

It isnt just HP laptops - my Dell running XP Pro has the same problem - none of the 'fixes' work.
KC2QPH

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2007, 06:01:23 PM »

Same problem here.  I'm about to throw the thing against a wall.  

I don't think it's a problem with the PC though.  The key  shorts (TX) even when the RS232 isn't connected.  It's not a mic problem being as I only wanted the thing to use as a keyer.  

I have tried all combinations of Key jumpers, including none at all.  I've looked at the schematic and the only thing I can conclude is that the IC "U2" is fried.

Please for the love of God, help me!

Compaq Armada e500 1GHz PIII 384MB SDRAM WinXP ProSP2.
KC2QPH

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2007, 07:40:51 PM »

Replying to previous post doesn't bump the thread.  This post is a reply to the thread opener.

I'm new here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: