Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: possible recovery of stolen 5BTV HF ant  (Read 22936 times)
W7NYG

Ignore
« on: April 18, 2010, 12:29:50 PM »

I posted a few weeks ago that someone jumped over a four foot chain link fence and stole a Hustler 5BTV vertical. When the sheriff deputy arrived no clues could be found.

Our little watch dog did not wake up or did any of the neighbors dogs make a sound. No car tracks or sound of a vehicle either.

We think the case is solved and hopefully tomorrow the person or persons that took the antenna will be charged.

Like most thieves they leave tracks. It was not too difficult to find out what happened after we received a complaint from our HOA.

Since the case is not closed at this time I can only say the motive was someone with a vicious temper does not like amateur radio antennas.

Most likely I could not prove who took the antenna until they made a mistake. Perhaps it was when I replaced the antenna and installed a high tech security system. Hopefully the antenna will be found.

Normally we live in a very quit community where no one messes with objects outside our houses.

Thanks to all who sent email to me. Only one ham came up with the how and why the antenna was stolen.

I probably will never invite anyone I do not know over to view my station. It was not a licensed ham who is the person of suspicion.
KB1TXK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 06:37:20 AM »

Okay its been tomorrow a few times now...any updates?

Sorry...I just love to hear about stupid criminals getting caught haha.

AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 02:49:34 PM »

We think the case is solved and hopefully tomorrow the person or persons that took the antenna will be charged.
Apparently not.
Almost a month now, what's up? I 8only* ask because I love "Who Dunnits?".
Anybody charged? (I thought it was imminent) and with what, if anything?

Most likely I could not prove who took the antenna until they made a mistake. Perhaps it was when I replaced the antenna and installed a high tech security system. Hopefully the antenna will be found.

Hmmmmmmm
Sounds like without a confession, the lack of evidence (no recovered stolen property)
nothing more will come of this. Darn.
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 04:43:12 PM »

Just sounds so odd to me that someone would steal an Antenna  Huh Huh
What the heck would the average person do with that and I just can't imagine a fellow Ham
stealing an Antenna.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 06:39:54 AM »

The original post said it all--a complaint from the HOA.  Just a guess, but how much you want to bet that a neighbor (another member of the HOA) is the culprit?
KI4SDY

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 07:41:26 AM »

Paint those antennas flat black with $.99 spray paint and watch that rfi! None of my antennas have ever been stolen or vandalized (not counting squirrels, but I think they are all dead now). This the importance of not erecting ugly stuff in the eye of the beholder. By the way, the Homeowners Association may have confiscated it or had the maintenance man do it. Some of these Homeowners Association Documents allow them to remove violations, before or after the owner is notified. He was notified! Time to move, if he wants to keep hamming. Wink
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 11:53:41 AM by Guy "Vern" Wells » Logged
K5CQB

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 02:44:32 PM »

While we are all supposing I will throw in a possible scenario.  With the increase in scrap metal prices it may be a "scrapper".  I spent a week doing surveillance watching a cemetery due to scrappers stealing copper and bronze grave markers.
KH6DC

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 10:37:29 AM »

Like those bronze flower vases/headstones at the cemetary?  Any updates to those antenna theives?

73 and Aloha,
de Delwyn, KH6DC
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2012, 11:42:47 AM »

I think KI4SDY nailed it.
The HOA took it down when (probably)
there was no response to the complaint.
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012, 07:47:45 PM »

If the HOA took it as a response to a complaint,
and the antenna has been replaced with another one,
does that mean that the complaint has been resolved?

Or has the original thief noticed the new security system?  Cheesy
W5WSS

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2012, 10:41:53 PM »

The management probably requested that the matv/catv company personnel remove it.
KD8DEY

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2012, 05:21:51 AM »

It was Colonel Mustard
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: