The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AC isolation transformer identification  (Read 1476 times)
WB0SVS

Ignore
« on: April 17, 2010, 10:55:41 AM »

Does anyone have the specs for an AC isolation transformer.
I am looking for one in a large batch of SK stuff and need to know the resistance of the windings since the markings are absent. I think that the resistance of both the primary and secondary would be about equal and need this info for i.d. purpose
Bob
 WB0SVS
VA6AWR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 01:28:44 PM »

Hi Bob,

I have an isolation transformer at home which is rated for 300 watts.  I'll measure the
resistance of the primary and secondary windings when I get home tonight and I'll post them to you.  That will give you a starting point.

Wayne
VA6AWR
K8AC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 04:41:17 AM »

There isn't a single set of specs for an isolation transformer.  Unless you know that your friend had one, chances are extremely slim that you'll find one in the pile anyway.  In normal use, such a transformer would be mounted in a separate housing, often with an AC outlet mounted on the housing or in some cases right on the transformer shell. 
KE3WD

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 08:00:40 AM »

If there are two identical xformers in the pile, they can always be hooked up back-to-back to yield an isolation xformer. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: