Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CW via serial hardware - who makes this  (Read 508 times)
K7NHB

Ignore
« on: March 02, 2007, 12:29:35 AM »

Some time ago I bought a serial plug with a switching circuit built in. It has a 1/8 inch phono plug on the back and cost around $30-$35. I'm trying to find the manufacture to determine how it is wired up. I've opened up the case and the ciruit is "sealed" in glue.

I thought I had saved some reciept or email correspondence - something, but no luck.

In searching the web I came across a few similar designs that have a CW key cable coming out the back. This doesn't. It could be that it takes a stereo plug with DTS on the tip and RTS on the ring - something like that.

Can anyone out there recognize this product. Again - it's just a gray serial plug with a 1/8inch phono jack in the back.

Thank you and 73,
Paul
K7NHB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 05:32:43 PM »

Found it. The link is here: http://www.qsl.net/ab6cq/interfacepage.html
It's not clear what he is switching but I think it might be the RTS (ptt) instead of the more conventional DTS (cw). I've emailed him that question.

In the mean time, can someone please explain any advantage to using RTS for PTT and DTS for CW or was it just the original convention because you had to choose something and they stuck.

Thank you and 73,
Paul
F6DQM1

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 07:58:30 AM »

Hello. I don't know what you want to do with the serial port but CWPlayer keys the serial port (and the LPT also), either DTR or RTS or both. Just note that this software is rather dedicated for learning and training the Morse code than DXing ! Maybe this won't do the job ...This software may be downloaded from this site (original version) :
http://rivat.chez-alice.fr/software.htm
Good luck
Gabe
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: