Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with win-eqf log software  (Read 777 times)
HG5BZR

Ignore
« on: May 14, 2007, 02:46:01 AM »

Dear Amateurs!

I use win-eqf log program,I like it but I noticed a interesting problem.If I write CR6... callsign in the callsign window than Angola will be written automatically in the country callsign instead of Portugal.Why? If I write CR4 Cape Verde will be written and at CR5.. Sao Tome and Principe will be written automatically in the country window.I think it is something wrong.Can I update?Or Do I have a virus?Or Do I have to buy a software to be correct everything?Without buying not good?Or what causes this?With a lot of callsign is good .If anybody use this program ,please help me.
Thank you very much in advance.

Laszlo
WK0F

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 08:29:25 AM »

Laszlo,
It has something to do with the database in the logging software that points the prefix to the correct country.  I don't use Win EQF, but I'm sure it's in the help files.  Here is the download page for EQF:
http://www.eqf-software.com/pages.cfm?ID=17
Download and install the prefix.exe file (I believe).

Terry, W0ZS
WK0F

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 08:31:31 AM »

Whoops.  Don't download the prefix.exe file as that is for the dos version.  I think you may want to download the latest updates for Win-EQF and see if that fixes yor problems.
GL!
Terry
WK0F

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 08:35:10 AM »

http://eqf-software.com/eqfforum/viewtopic.php?id=139
W5GA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 08:51:53 AM »

In the help file, see awards tracking.  It explains how to fix your problem.
HG5BZR

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2007, 10:11:33 AM »

Dear Everybody!

I checked,My Win eqf version that I used was V1.9. I think is the newest.I did the following thing:I uninstalled all of my win eqf .In spite of uninstalation  something remained in C:\win-eqf library.Is that normal?I deleted this library in which logbook  and something was.I save my QSO to a Floppy,no problem.After deleting everything from the winchester I downloaded win-eqf free version V1.9 from your webpage and installed successful.I check the prefix library in DXCC menu,but interesting I found.Prefix library is the same like it was before.At D2 Prefix (Angola) I see not only D2,CR6 also,why?Maybe this is the key of secret.CR6 is needed?I see at J5 prefix J5 and CR3 also,why?CR3 is not Guinea-Bissau,I think.At D4 Prefix including CR4,is this ok?What can you suggest me?I like this program very much,I did not like use an other.What about If I compare all prefix that in win eqf prefix library with ARRL DXCC list to check everything in alright.Or is it a very big work for me?What do you suggest me Dear Tom? Thank you very much for the help.

Laszlo  HG5BZR
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: