Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hy-Gain DB-1217 as 10 and 17?  (Read 1079 times)
NZ5E

Ignore
« on: April 25, 2010, 05:57:26 AM »

Has anyone configured a Hy-Gain DB-1217 for 10 and 17 meters instead of 12 and 17 meters?
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 06:30:22 AM »

It's a trap-less beam, so I suspect you could. There might be some unforeseen interaction, but I sort of doubt it.

NZ5E

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 07:46:06 AM »

It's a trap-less beam, so I suspect you could. There might be some unforeseen interaction, but I sort of doubt it.

From what I have read about the para-sleeve type driven element, 10 meters may actually interact less with the 17 meter element.

A representative at Hy-Gain technical support told me that he had been asked the question before, but could not remember who had asked for me to follow up with.  The manual has the element length settings for 10, 12, 15, and 17 meters.

The only reservation I have at this point is whether I want to chance this antenna mounted at the neck of a 180' Rohn 25 tower, even though the windload is well within the Rohn specs.  Any opinions?  This tower was properly installed strictly following the Rohn guidelines for optimum guy angles, etc.

If I go with the DB-1217, I will also mount either a 2 or 6 meter horizontal yagi above.  I have considered dropping back to a simple 17 meter rotatable dipole at the neck to allow both 2 and 6 meter yagis above.  Any opinions?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: