Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RxPlus and WinXP - do they work together  (Read 343 times)
K7NHB

Ignore
« on: June 02, 2007, 09:33:35 AM »

I've been trying to install RxPlus 1.91 on my 1Ghz Pentium III w/512MB RAM and WinXP w/service Pack II OS.

After install, when I launch, I see new folders are created in the application folder so it is doing something. But I have no main screen, just the program title in the task bar.

When I look at Processes via Task Manager it shows it taking 0 CPU but and I also see something called wowexec.exe which has something to do with 16 bit programs.

When I try to close I get a program not responding message and it lists two files in a tmp area.

I could swear the very very first time I tried to install I got the main screen, then a message about nothing connected (to the COM port - there wasn't at the time) and wanting to do something blocked by the fire wall, which I permitted.

Now, after many uninstalled, re-downloads, re-installs, the program just launches, appears in the task bar at the bottom of the screen - and thats it. No main application window, no menu bar.

I have written the author and posted in the Rxplus newsgroup to no avail.

Alternately, does anyone know of other software that will control a Drake R8B?

Thank you,
Paul
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: