Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Computerized Repeater  (Read 1223 times)
KI4JGT

Ignore
« on: January 22, 2007, 03:08:16 PM »

A while back I got into really wanting a repeater very badly! I wanted it so bad that I got the idea of hooking my computer up to my 2-meter and having it retransmit the received transmitions; the thing I didn't have was software to make the whole thing work! so I figured I would put it to you guys and see if you could come up w/ anything? I need it to repeat what it hears and also to ID every ten mins
I was also wondering if it could intigrate w/ my phone modem to allow autopatches to be made?
The thing I mostly want is the autopatch. so if anyone knows of a good place to find one of those too type me back
73 KI4JGT
KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 06:03:58 AM »

How does this sound to you?

EchoStation is a repeater-control program for Windows which makes it easy to set up a complete, fully-functional repeater or "announcement machine" using a personal computer.

EchoStation is perfect for portable and emergency use, or for clubs wishing to use a PC instead of specialized hardware to control a repeater.   It also makes an excellent "store and forward" simplex repeater when connected to a single transceiver.

The software even lets you set up an "announcement machine" which plays scheduled voice announcements over your club's existing repeater, using a radio at another location, such as a home station.

http://www.synergenics.com/sc/

Dennis KG4RUL
KA8VIT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 05:57:03 AM »

This is exactly what you want...

Download SIMPLEX program from the page below.

It is a software based repeater controller.

http://rivat.chez-alice.fr/software.htm#Logiciels_radio

I'm just curious as to why you want to set up a repeater
so badly that you just willing to slap it together?

I would suggest joining the REPEATER BUILDERS yahoo group.

Bill  KA8VIT
ka8vit@ka8vit.com
http://ka8vit.com

KA8VIT

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 05:59:50 AM »

You need it to do more than repeat what it hears and ID every ten minutes.

You need to prevent it from transmitting more than three minutes at a shot and also need to be able to shut it down if there is a problem and you are not at the repeater site.

Then there is the problem of a duplexer or antenna separation.

Good luck !

Bill  KA8VIT
KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 08:46:18 PM »

"Then there is the problem of a duplexer or antenna separation."

Not at all a problen with a Simplex repeater.  But, height, gain and good coax are still your best friend in this type of install.
GM1ZVJ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2007, 02:50:17 PM »

Hi wonder how you got on with any off the above software titles that were recommended to yourself for using as a  personal repeater ??

in a similar situation here myself in the want for a mini simplex repeater , did consider the parrot type repeater produced by MFJ but came across your thread and was pleased to learn that what looks like the same type off idea ?? is available in one off the links given to you with just the addition off a small freeware programme.

anyone on here running such software ?? appreciatte that obviously a pc is required at all times !!! with this systmn as opposed to the small stand alone type parrot repeater systmn which could be located at a local high spot, so now looking for ideas on just what actual uses I could put this type off repeater to ??

say using two uhf handies, one located at the pc end and one out portable- any ideas on benefits using this software in with the two handies ??

IZ2KWL

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 06:28:19 AM »

Check also for stand-alone repeater controller, works without any PC , very low current drain

http://www.atx2000.altervista.org
FIDO69R

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 10:07:49 AM »

What does it actualy do?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: