Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ft-897d will not connect to Hrd  (Read 2885 times)
KC2QZR

Ignore
« on: April 29, 2010, 06:51:11 PM »

Im trying once again to get back into digital modes.Ive used Hrd before with little problems till now .I have a new (used) computer dedicated to Hrd.I loaded hrd ok .but when i hit the connect green arrow im getting no connection.Im getting in the right box seventh row down a red x ,then says ft-897,com1,38400,The system cannot find the file specified .Under that a yellow yeild sign then says make sure your radio is switched on and not in memeory mode .Under that another yellow yeild sign then says ,if your using a homemade /non-standard cable you may need to select rts and/or dtr.Ive tried eveything and i cant get it to connect!!!.Any one have any ideas?,ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT thank you Joe .
N6NKN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 07:30:37 PM »

Join the Amazon Ham Radio Deluxe group. They will get you up and running.

Rick
AH6RR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 08:03:40 AM »

There is a HRD User Group that you can get to from HRD in the Help section drop down box. But first tell us how you have the radio and computer connection configured 1 are you connected to a RS-232 comport? 2 or are you using a USB to Comport converter? Some of the less expensive converters do not work very well or at all for this type of set-up. 3 have you tried a slower baud rate on the connection speed? 4 is the right comport selected? If the anwser to 1 & 4 is yes then I would goto the user group there is a bunch of great guys there that can get you up and going real fast. Here is the link to get there.  http://forums.ham-radio.ch/index.php
Roland AH6RR
K2QPN

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 09:01:35 AM »

Check to make sure the menu item 20 is set to CAT.  My Yaesu CAT cable gets power from the CAT connector on the rig. It is 13.8VDC and is fused inside the rig. I had that fuse blow - probably from inserting the CAT cable with power on. CAT would no longer work. I replaced the fuse with an inline fuse from Radio Shack.

Good luck- Bob K2QPN
N5YPJ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 11:49:37 AM »

Mine runs fine set at com port 4, 4800 bauds. Check your settings to see what the rig is set at to for baud rate then make sure that you are on the right com port.
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 03:09:41 PM »

Another resurce is QRZ HRD/DM780 Forum

http://forums.qrz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 03:48:14 PM »

My 857D would not connect at any speed other than 4800, so I would use that, also make sure in the Radio menu settings that it is set for CAT and 4800 speed.  I have also found that sometimes (once every 4 months or so) HRD will not connect no matter what I do, it seems like something gets messed up in the Radios memory.  The solution I use is to reload the Radio with a backup configuration file or to factory reset it if you don't have a saved backup of the radios memory.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: