Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Icom 706 and computer control  (Read 560 times)
KC5YEU

Ignore
« on: June 20, 2007, 12:38:43 PM »

Need Elmer's advice.  As a full time rv'er, I would like to be able to use my mobile set up installed in my truck from the rv. Are there any computer control programs that will use the mic input and audio card of the laptop from the 706?  I suppose a wireless mic is possible, but more difficult.  The RV is a fifth wheel and I can usually park very close.  Has anyone tried this with a wireless connection?

OBSERVER11

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 11:39:20 AM »

you could just extend the CI-V port as well as the TX/RX audio lines and the PTT from the 13 pin mini DIN connector. Then use a program such as PSKDeluxe to control the radio via the CI-V port. Thats a lot of wire to run and the potential for RF getting back into the radio control lines is very high.
KA9CCH

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 05:24:02 PM »

How about moving the 706 to the rv and extending the antenna to the truck?  
Should be simpler than trying to remotely operate the 706.
KL7IPV

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 10:07:17 PM »

Go to:   http://www.ad5x.com
  He has a lot of things there and I think one is extending the mike and speaker leads tot the radio for a remote op. Also the July issue of QST on page 50 has a article about using computer headsets with the 706 radios. Maybe you can run Cat5 cables with that between the truck and the op position.
Frank
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: