Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: D700A program help file  (Read 477 times)
K9FV

Ignore
« on: June 21, 2007, 06:42:02 PM »

I have downloaded the D700A programming program from the Kenwood site in a zipped file - but there is no help file.  When I click on the HELP in the menu bar, it says "can not find mcp-d700.hlp file"

Does anyone have this file?

I have connected the radio to computer via a standard serial cable - not null modem.  When I try to read from radio, it times out.  If I try to write to radio it times out.

ICOM radios I  have programmed with computer required the radio to be turned on with certian buttons pressed - does this kenwood require something like that?

Thanks for any info,

73 de Ken H> K9FV
NA4IT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 08:42:32 AM »

Sounds like you got a corrupted download. Might try downloading it again. I have a copy I downloaded to program a friends D700 and it work well, and has the help file in it. I am running Win98SE if that matters.

NA4IT
KA1MDA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 08:51:18 AM »

The missing help file sounds like a corrupted download or installlation. Try uninstalling the program, then re-download and reinstall.

The time-out could be caused by a bunch of things. First, ohm out the cable and make sure pins 2 thru 8 all connect straight through. Some cheaper serial cables only have 3 wires, for TX/RX/COM. I believe the TM-D700 needs all 7 wires. Are you using a real serial port on the computer, or a USB port with a serial adapter? I have recently found that for whatever reason, my Keyspan USB to Serial converter will not work with the TM-D700.. I have to use my old laptop with the real serial port!

Good luck-
de Tom, KA1MDA
www.ka1mda.org
K9FV

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 06:38:54 PM »

Thanks for the responses - but the download file is a zip file and only has the single exe file - no help files at all.

I figured out the serial cable - the cable I had been given was NOT a full standard serial cable, but in fact, a null modem cable.  I soldered up a full straight thru cable and everything is working fb now.

73 de Ken H> K9FV
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: