About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MMSSTV  (Read 2340 times)
KB2IUA

Ignore
« on: May 05, 2010, 07:36:45 PM »

I loaded MMSSTV on my HP computer running Vista. When I open the program it looks normal for about 5 seconds and then I get an error window that says "Can't open Sound card (-1)". Any one work through this one before?
W5LZ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 07:36:35 AM »

There can be a number of reasons for that, and I can't say which it may be.  One thing to try is to get into the 'SetUp', then 'Misc', and you'll find a box with a selection of 'devices' (soundcards).  You might try out the varios selections.
I've run into something of the same sort before, dealt with another program taking 'exclusive use' of the soundcard.  'Solved' that particular problem by not running that particular program with others using the soundcard.
Good luck.
Paul
EI5GUB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 01:37:21 AM »

Hi I'm Richard in Ireland,I had this problem yesterday,it was my 1st day using SSTV,I had 2 people send me back pics and reports and then all of a sudden a box appeared on the screen and said it could not open the soundcard,I didnt change anything that I know of,can anyone advise please.
KB6HOH

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 08:22:37 PM »

Hey Guys,
check out this link:
http://mmhamsoft.amateur-radio.ca/pages/extras-add-on/soundcard-select.php

The following info is from this Website:
What does it do?
SC_Select is an add on for MMSSTV and MMVARI that makes selecting sound card devices (different id's) for in+output possible. This can occur where the in and out channels on one soundcard have different id's. Some 5.1 or 7.1 soundcards have 1 input but 2 outputs.

Using sc_select you no longer have to work with device numbers. This can help users with a soundcard device that is not easily selected with the current device number setup or use more than one soundcard in a custom setup.

SC_Select has been tested on WinXP and Vista.
(Should work with windows 7)

I hope this helps you out.

73 de Steve KB6HOH
                             Echolink Node# 59728
                             Skype (kb6hoh)
KB2IUA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 06:13:36 AM »

MMSSTV 1.12 seems to solve this problem for VISTA and Windows 7 users.
Thanks to those who posted responses.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: