Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FCC and remote desktop  (Read 391 times)
K7NHB

Ignore
« on: July 23, 2007, 01:43:00 PM »

I apologize if this has been beat to death but it seems the FCC regs.haven't kept up with current technology options. Can I run my home computer via Remote desktop (controlling audio in/out with skype)and have FCC blessing? Seems so if TenTec builds internet controls in their Omni VII.

Given that, If I wanted to put on a demo on portable gear, and I was in a "wireless zone", I could control my home rig via report desktop - run a PSK program. And at my phyiscal location I could run another PSK program on the same computer. So I could call and answer myself, switching back from remote to local.

Would that be okay - to call myself and answer myself?
Thank you and 73,
Paul
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 06:44:44 PM »

It's legal. Your station would be operating under "remote control". Control and audio links, if RF, must be above 222.15 MHz. Since you are using the Internet you are okay. If you allow others to control it, then they are control operators and you are responsible to know who they are and that they hold the proper class of license. In other words you can't put it "open" on the Internet where just anyone can use it. A simple username and password log-on should be fine.
K7NHB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 09:22:11 PM »

Thank you. That is very clear. The controls are via internet, not RF (unlike 2M echolink) so all is fine. No intention of opening this up to "friends" it will be properly protected. 73, Paul
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: