Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Voltage for Dell D400 laptop  (Read 458 times)
K7NHB

Ignore
« on: July 23, 2007, 01:35:33 PM »

I see the stock battery for this Dell delivers 3.8A but there are no voltages listed. When I checked AC supplies in office their output was listed as 15-18V.

In a previous post I saw someone mention a DC-DC converter - to up the 12v (13.Cool to 18?

Is that necessary or can I run on a regular 12V SLA?

If not - here comes the dumb question, can I put a 6v in series with the 12 for 18V - if the 6V is rated at at least half the current of the 12 SLV but still above the laptop requirement? I have a source for decommissioned lower amp (under 5A) 6V SLA's. I suppose I could put three of those in series.

That is, I understand about adding current for batteries in parallel - with the same V's, and I understand about adding voltage with batteries in series (same Amp's) but when there's a mismatch of voltage and/or current with the to batteries I'm not so sure how it goes?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you and 73,
Paul
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 01:59:36 PM »

hi,

6 cell Li-Ion battery pack 11.1 volts

73 james
K7NHB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 09:24:08 PM »

Thank you. After my post and a few more Google searches I found specs on the internal battery and saw it was 11.9 volts. Given that, and that AC supplies give 15-18V, it looks like my 13.8V SLA will be fine. 73, Paul
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: