Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Signalink SL1+ and Echolink  (Read 515 times)
KE7HDF

Ignore
« on: August 02, 2007, 04:25:58 PM »

Using the Tigertronics SignaLink from http://www.tigertronics.com that I purchased for packet radio, and EchoLink, I have managed to successfully connect my ICOM VHF for VOIP operations.  In a nut shell Packet around my area is BORING!  just a bunch of monitoring stations and little traffic.  So using the same theory as I was using with my packet setup this little SignaLink box works as a VOX interface between the PC and My radio.  I did have to enable the built in delay in the SignaLink and still need to shorten the delay as much as I can.  All in all this is working great!  I use my normal EchoLink call KE7HDF and connect from work to my Link Node KE7HDF-L using EchoLink and BAM! I'm using my local simplex freq and annoying all my local buddies Smiley

Notes:
**Audio Isolation in the SignaLink device is making the audio over the pc kinda quiet when trying to hear traffic received from radio to link.
**Delay circuit is adjustable and seems to be 3 seconds by default.  in order to prevent my transmission from continuing for 3 seconds after I am done talking I need to lower that as much as I can.  however need to balance so the radio does not bounce the keying when their is a pause in received audio from the internet.  I'm going to shoot for 1-1.5 sec.

73 - KE7HDF (George)
What I Do
Hobby Site | Time Clock | Fingerprint Time Clock
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: