Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mac OSX logging Program question ...  (Read 506 times)
N5WRX

Ignore
« on: June 16, 2006, 05:18:11 AM »

I have an iMac G5 running OSX.
Are there a lot of hams using the iMac computer for ham radio activitys?
I would like to have a good logging program and pwehaps PSK31 if possable.
Is there a web page for all the ham software available for OSX?

Thanks, William Lee
AB2RC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 09:51:19 AM »

I am using a G4 Mac Mini, for just about everything except for digital soundcard modes. I cant find any Mac Software that I like for those, so I use gmfsk on a linux box with the display exported to the Mac.

For logging I really like using jLog http://jlog.org it's written in Java and is cross platform -- Mac, Linux, and even Windows.

Alex/AB2RC
Running a Linux/Mac household, where the only windows are in the walls where they belong.
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 12:24:01 PM »

MacLoggerDX is the preferred OS X logging and rig control software. There is no better supported Mac sofware anywhere.

There are dozens of positive reviews in the Review section of eHam.

Check out http://www.machamradio.com/

Lon - W3LK
Baltimore, Maryland

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
WB8YFL

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 09:48:38 AM »

I am using MacLoggerDX, very good program and is constantly being updated. For PSK I use cocoaModem I like it the best, of any program on any platform. Both programs are scriptable, and they are OUTSTANDING! It is very sensitive. Computer is a dual g4 450mhz and I have no real need to upgrade right now.

ronlandrus@yahoo.com
K7PEH

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006, 08:33:18 AM »

I use MacLoggerDX and I think it is the best available on any platform.  I have also looked and played around with some of the Windows based loggers (e.g. Ham Radio Deluxe) but I much prefer MacLoggerDX.  I use it with an interface from MicroHam.
F1RAF

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 11:43:19 AM »

Also using MacLoggerDX and happy with it. For digital modes (eg BPSK31), W7AY cocoaModem free soft works great !
KI6EAA

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 08:34:19 AM »

I agree with the other posters.  I have a iMac running both OSX (10.4) and, via Bootcamp, Windows XP.  

I have tried much of the ham related software on both OSs and MacLoggerDX running on OSX is the clear winner, in my humble opinion.  But, I am a casual user, not a hard core contester or DX chaser.

I hooked up a $20 USB to CI-V cable (on eBay) to my my IC-718, and the whole system works great. I look forward to trying PSK31 with Cocomodem when my Tigertronics box arrives.

Using Windows in a non-corporate or VPN environment is like playing chicken with live explosives.  You can count on the system blowing up on a regular basis.

Macs are generally bullet proof and worth the few extra dollars.  If you ever consider buying one, check out the deals on refurbs at the Apple web site, in the online Store.
N0GBR

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 01:53:07 PM »

MacLogger DX (dogparksoftware.com) is a really great program.  I've used it for 2 years and wouldn't use anything else with my new iMac, K2, and Icom 746 Pro. It's pricey but you won't believe all the features!  73  John
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: