Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a Simple QSL Generation Package  (Read 677 times)
N1UK

Ignore
« on: June 28, 2007, 04:04:27 PM »

Is there any simple software available to help me generate an electronic QSL card as a jpg. I occasionally get QSL cards by e-mail and would like to manually create a QSL card to send back.
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 09:32:07 PM »

Its not free, but SnagIt makes it easy to do that:

http://www.newfreedownloads.com/Multimedia-Graphics/Screen-Capture/SnagIt.html

Dave, AA6YQ
GM4AHW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 11:42:57 AM »

I haven't used eQSL yet, but I assumed that it would take your log entries and insert the appropriate data into your eQSL card before sending it.

Did I get that wrong?
N1UK

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 01:58:28 PM »

You set up your basic QSL in eQSL but the website inserts the text values (band, time etc) automatically for you. I don't know how you can hand edit the QSL and send it to yourself for e-mail forwarding to someone else.

Mark N1UK G3ZZM
N1UK

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 02:04:59 PM »

I guess what I should have said is that a ham e-mailed me an electronic QSL. I wanted to return the favour and just e-mail him back my electronic card. Yes I could send him a card via eQSL but when I checked his eQSL account he had over 40 eQSL's waiting for him to pick up. So obvioulsy he doesn't use his eQSL account. I e-mailed him and asked him to send me an eQSL card so that I could return him one but so far nothing has happened. Which brings me back to my original request for some simple software so that I could generate a QSL card and just e-mail it to him in return for the one that he e-mailed to me. He had some fancy logging program that generated a QSL automatically for him.

Mark N1UK G3ZZM
K8WV

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 06:41:00 PM »

You didn't really get an answer to your question.  The obvious answer is to use any word processing program that has a graphics editing capability.  I'd use WordPerfect and output to a PDF file.  But that's just my choice.  I think current versions of Word will also allow PDF output.

Another option is a graphics editing program.  You can get outstanding results with the "Paint" program that comes with Windows.

A great choice would be to set up an eQSL account, capture the image you create for your card as a JPG file, then edit it in Paint (or whatever) to add a custom report box.

But why would someone be seeking electronic qsl's if they don't use eQSL?  It's really cheap to subscribe to eQSL and create a truly custom card.  Even the cards for free accounts are as good as (or better than) any homebrew electronic card. My eQSL card can be seen at http://www.qsl.net/k8wv/.
KD5HLG

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2007, 01:48:02 PM »

MY son used a great grafic soaftware to develop my current card if you would like i will e-mail you one.

contact me at ernestandlouise@msn.com

73's
KD5HLG
NG9R

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2007, 03:10:35 PM »

There is a template available for Microsoft Word that makes it very easy to print your own simple QSL cards,4 to a page.

NG9R

VE3LXL

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2007, 02:00:58 PM »

There is a free program called QSL Maker that you could try. Personally, I don't like it but I think it will do what you want:

http://www.hfradio.org/wb8rcr/

But any graphics editing program can be used to make a QSL, from Windows Paint (free and included in Windows) to Adobe Photoshop. There's lots of free ones out there - for instance, digital cameras almost always include one with their installation CDs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: