Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Day to day logging software  (Read 470 times)
W6FG

Ignore
« on: April 12, 2007, 06:18:10 PM »

I've looked at the logging software reviews and I have quite a few different logging programs.  The one I started with stopped being supported after a yr or two. So I bought a more 'commercial' one with loads of bells and whistles.  I've also downloaded a few of the free ones.  I would like to crunch all of my logs since 1976 into a logger and be able to manipulate all the info for the wallpaper I like to collect.  The most expensive one I hve is just too bloated for me.  Have any of you typed in huge amounts of Q's into a particular program and which one(s)do you like? I knew when computers were just coming into the shack that this would be a great tool, but it does take a lot of effort initially. I think I would still hve a papper log but just enter it a page at a time once I'm caught up to the present.  Let me hear what you've done...
Thanks,
Ross

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Time flies like arrows...
Fruit flies like bananas!
KB9CRY

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 06:16:27 AM »

I still log every QSO onto a paper log and then transfer that to the computer which runs LOGic by PDA.  It's fully functionial and may be too complicated for some but it has powerful databasing and customization capabilities.
N8UZE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 07:23:06 AM »

N3FJP's ACLOG is a very user friendly program with quite a decent range of abilities.  We use his Field Day program when we set up for Field Day as we don't have to take time to "train" people on how to use it.  Try out his demo and see what you think.
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 01:18:43 AM »

DXLab is completely free. While it provides many powerful features, getting started with logging requires little more than specifying your callsign.

See

http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStarted

Dave, AA6YQ
W5GA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 10:02:21 AM »

I've used Logic now since version 2 for the Commodore Amiga(1992 or so) and have never seen another logger that offered comparable functionality.  What you are wanting to do is this programs forte'.  It will manipulate your data more ways than you can shake a stick at.  It does have a learning curve (don't they all?) and sticker shock is a factor.  But for the money, none do it better or faster.
VK2DYI

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 10:02:09 PM »

I used Ham Radio Deluxe.  This has logging software, radio control, and with the new digital engine is PSK, RTTY, Throb, and CW under development.  More digi modes to come.

It works fine, has plenty of fields for information, links with QRZ.com, automatic add log from DM780 digital suite, export to ADIF etc, export to web page/HTML, upload to e-qsl, and at the moment because of the digital upgrading a new version every 2 months or so.  A great help site and forum which is very active.

Home Page: http://hrd.ham-radio.ch/
Support Forums: http://forums.ham-radio.ch/

Its amazing what one guy does with this software in memory of one of his friends.  Well worth a try.

Andy
ES2DY & VK2DYI
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: