Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ham Radio Deluxe and IC-735 Communications Issue  (Read 1051 times)
KI6CFW

Ignore
« on: November 04, 2007, 09:13:11 PM »

As I understand HRD connect error reading memory during connection is indicating a failure to communicate. I have reviewed inerfaces.pdf, the HRD user guide, searched the HRD forum, and Googled. I have tried various items but remain unsucessful at making the connection. Any suggestions would be appreciated. THANKS!

What I have tried, checked, and configuration:

I have the Radio Shack 20-047 USB Scanner Programming Cable, which I see others have successfully used with several radios to include the IC-735.

I have an Acer notebook running WinXP/SP2.

There are no bangs in the device manager. I have uninstalled, rebooted, and reinstalled. The LED on the circuit board in the USB cable flashes about once per second.

The radio is powered on. I have tried DTR and RTS alone and in combinations. Double checked that the data speeds of HRD and the port are matched, as well as tried autoselect. The USB cable is using Comm port 4, and there is nothing else on the port. I have checked that the CI-4 of 04 is correct for the IC-735.

Here is a link to various screen shots showing configurations...
http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...ion%20Problem/

KI6CFW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 09:15:04 PM »

Here is additional info after suggestions and further thinking on the issue...

I installed the latest Ham Radio Deluxe software per suggestion - orginal problem persists.
I ensured the driver from RS was installed, a v2.0 - problem is that the notebook does a BSOD soonest I hit the connect button with this driver... not good. Reinstalled and checked that all in DV was ok, but consistantly soonest you hit the port it does a BSOD.
My version of Windows has the 1.x driver, retried but no help - original problem persists.
When to the manufacturers web site and downloaded latest driver from there, v2.2.4.0. Tried but still no help - orginal problem persists.
KI6CFW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 09:38:02 PM »

Updated link to screen captures -
http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb42/vsheetz/Ham%20Radio/Ham%20Radio%20Deluxe%20Connection%20Problem/
KI6CFW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 09:18:00 PM »

I got it working.  

After trying it on another computer and having the same problem, I swapped the USB cable gizmo for another at Radio Shack.  I am successfully using the 2.0 driver on one laptop I have, and a 2.2.x driver from the manufacturers web site on the laptop that does the BSOD with the 2.0 driver.

Thanks!  

Now, on to explore the many features and capabilities of HRD.
K7TCE

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 09:02:16 PM »

I was exerimenting with my IC-735 and HRD last week.  What I remember is, I had to use a speed of 1200 baud.  I also found the USB cable was less reliable than a RT Systems serial cable on the IC-735 and all of my Yaesu HTs and FT-1802M.  Both were programming cables, not CIV (and I'm not sure if there's a difference).  I can't prove this, but I think USB cables are harder to use, as they running off 5v USB busses, and don't have the higher voltages one would expect from an RS-232 serial bus.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: