Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: iPhone Morse Code Ringtones?  (Read 6442 times)
KJ4KPV

Ignore
« on: May 28, 2010, 08:29:40 AM »

Is there a way to download or customize the iPhone ringtones to emit Morse Code?  I wanted to customize Ham Radio callers with a specific ringtone in Morse Code and also to include my friends.  Just from the Morse code, I can tell from across the room who is calling me. 

Most ringtones I have found had music...  and I'm not interested in that kind of noise.

My old cell phone could do this, but I'm lost and can't figure it out for the iPhone 3Gs. 

Thanks. 
KD5PCK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 09:24:07 AM »

I use a free program called iRinger to make my ringtones. There's a round about way to trick iTumnes into recognizing a file as a ringtone without having to pay for it. It involves changing file extensions, etc. I found it easier to just use the iRinger program. Once you have the audio file in your computer, all you have to do is import it to iRinger and go from there. Good luck.

Scott
KD5PCK
KJ4KPV

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 06:26:17 AM »

Excellent.  It took a few to figure it out.  It won't do Midi files.  I did find a website, http://www.morseresource.com/morse/makemorse.php, that will turn text morse code into MP3 files...  then with iRinger, convert the MP3 into useable ringtones straight to iTunes. 

IT WORKS!  Now I can customize each ringtone to specific people. 

Many Thanks Scott, and 73!
Jesse (KJ4KPV)
WI4L

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 09:53:18 PM »

Perfect info....Lost my cw ringtone with the update on the iphone...worked great.
73 de WI4L
AC4RD

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 04:13:54 AM »

I used the "make morse" website a while back for that; my cellphone now says "TEXT MSG" or "VOICE" at 25wpm, to let me know what sort of call is coming in.

My wife tried to call me when I was at the Durham NC hamfest a few months ago, and I didn't notice the phone ringing--there were people playing with keyers and paddles and radios, and the incoming call was lost in the general Morse volume.  :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: