Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Typing into the text box - problem  (Read 40411 times)
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2010, 11:57:38 AM »

Apologies for not posting my system info--I'm using Vista with !E8 on a custom built machine.  I suspect the problem lies with IE*, since if I used my laptop (XP w/IE7) the problem doesn't show up.  And yes, the problem usually only happens on quotes (of someone else's postings) or edits.

Hope this helps pin things down.  73!
KE4JOY

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2010, 06:52:09 AM »

I have the same issue on a couple of different machines, both of which are running XP with Iexplorer.

I thought maybe it was a way to keep messages short Cheesy
K5TR
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2010, 07:30:00 PM »

I have the same issue on a couple of different machines, both of which are running XP with Iexplorer.

You did not say, are you using IE8?

This appears to be a bug in IE8.  You can try turning on compatibility mode.  It seems to help in some cases.  We are looking at some of the work arounds for this bug.

Have you tried something else like google chrome or firefox?

« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 07:44:27 PM by George » Logged

George
K5TR
KE4JOY

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2010, 02:52:11 PM »

I suppose maybe your right...

Ill try compatabilty mode and see how that goes.

Thanks for your efforts. Good website helpfull polite pepole around here. Nice enviroment.

Thanks again.
W8JI

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2010, 09:41:45 PM »

I suppose maybe your right...

Ill try compatabilty mode and see how that goes.

Thanks for your efforts. Good website helpfull polite pepole around here. Nice enviroment.

Thanks again.

I'm having the issue here with my new laptop and Windows 7 with IE8.

I just tried the compatability mode and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

it works great now.

Now it scrolls normally when I add lines.

No matter how many lines I add. I have to say IE8 and Windows 7 suck so far. I can't run DOS programs and can't use Outlook Express, and I find Windows 7 needless difficult to do simple things in.
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2010, 10:59:00 AM »

While a bit off subject, I agree with Tom. Winders 7 sucks.

As for IE8... If that's as good as MS can do towards getting ready for HTML5, no wonder they're having so much trouble with Winders 7.

KE4JOY

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2010, 01:16:58 PM »

No matter how many lines I add. I have to say IE8 and Windows 7 suck so far. I can't run DOS programs and can't use Outlook Express, and I find Windows 7 needless difficult to do simple things in.

Two words for you ... Open Office.... google it Wink
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2010, 06:55:36 PM »

Funny, I found Windows 7 a vast improvement over Vista.  IE 8 even works better in it.  Now that IE 9 is out, I'm going to have to play with that to see how it stacks up.  I'll let you know.
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2010, 01:00:42 PM »

I have found lately, that when I type enough text to fill the available space in the text entry boxes, that further typing and text entry exibits a strange and annoying behavior. The text "letter" entries cause the box to jump up just long enough for the letter to get in, but then quickly resumes the position showing ONLY the text which it contains from the top. In other words, one can't see what was written below the first "box-full" of text. Further typing into just makes the text window jump up and down as letters are entered, instantly returning to the top section of writing.

I have the same problem with both XP and Windows 7 both MSIE 8. And it is the most annoying problem.

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I am now in compatibility mode, and it works perfectly fine. Weird.

I disagree about Windows 7. I actually like it. I hated Vista. MSIE 8 is another story.

Vinnie
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 01:13:24 PM by Vinnie Sallustio » Logged
K7ZRZ

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2010, 08:08:41 AM »

I just came back to see what might have been going on here (11-3)  and saw the comments about compatibility view. Just tried that and see that it does indeed fix the subject problem for this site.  That's good.  Thanks for those bringing it up.

Brian K7ZRZ
N2MG
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2011, 05:37:05 PM »

I just produced the problem in my last reply to an existing thread...

OK, got it now.

Reply to an existing post using the "Quote" link.

Then be sure your reply goes vertically past the "fold" and see what happens as you type.

You will see the jerkiness as the quoted part tries to scroll up and out of the text box.

Equally interesting is if you take out the "link=topic=" part, the problem goes away.

(Using the scroll bar at the right of the text edit box has a different behavior as well)

Not sure what that means, but I will report this!

(Boy this was hard to type!)

Mike N2MG
This is still happening!

Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: