Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: N2VZ Enterprises (Turbo tuner)  (Read 3901 times)
KI4GSV

Ignore
« on: June 23, 2009, 04:48:24 AM »

N2VZ Enterprises

I purchased a Turbo tuner from this company on 2/25/09 to use with my Icom 706 MIIG / Tarheel II mobile, installation was on 4/23/09. The tuner would work intermittently. I called this company and was told that Bill would exchange this tuner. It was then agreed upon that I would purchase another tuner 5/12/09 and return the defective one for full credit. The new tuner works flawlessly and I am pleased with its performance. I have still not received credit for the returned Tuner 5/19/09. I have called numerous times and spoke with Michelle she stated they were moving,on vacation,busy doing shows and now it is the Banks fault. She also stated that she has a number of people in the same perdicament and beyond her control. The Quality control for this experience first tuner failed second tuner works 50% The cost of this experience $283.00 They now do not answer my phone calls and ignore my emails. Next step will be to call the better business bureau and small claims court. In the mean time I will tell everyone that will listen how they treat there customers. Caveat emptor

I will keep ya'll updated....

Bill KI4GSV

Update;

N2VZ Enterprises Credited my account on 6/19/09 $283 and then  removed the credit of $283 and then credited my account $269 so through all this aggravation I am still out $14 for HuhHuh The second Tuner still behaves and performs well, however if it should fail I will take my business elsewere. Customer Service is important to me.

Bill KI4GSV
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 05:08:06 PM »

I don't know this company at all, but in such a case it's never "the bank's fault."  The bank debits and credits exactly what it's told to do by the account holder, and it happens in real time (like within 60 seconds).

I can call my bank on the telephone and have them issue credit to anyone I want while I'm still on the phone with them.

WB2WIK/6
KI4GSV

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 01:36:41 PM »

Still using this tuner and it works flawlessly. Great product that I would highly recommend. I hope they worked out the customer service kinks.

Bill
KI4GSV

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 08:47:33 AM »

This little tuner has not missed a single beat. I think, I will just have to purchase another one for the Hi-Q antenna I will use for my Base Station installation.

Great product, I am Truely Impressed......

Bill KI4GSV
N6AQ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 09:06:22 AM »

On 5-22-2010 I sent N2VZ $293 for a turbo tuner that works with a Yaesu 857d, on 5-26-2010 I asked about shipment information. I was told that he was doing a production run on Friday, two days out so I figured I would get the item the following week. Now it is 6/19/2010 and after numerous e-mails to William Kantz and no replies I Put in a payment dispute with PayPal for a refund. This is the worst customer service I have experienced in a long time. If his sales support is any indication of after purchase support No Thanks that's just a headache I am not willing to deal with. The product itself has good reviews, but no thanks at this point!
N6AQ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 05:00:23 PM »

Ok, I need to amend my previous review. Last Sunday I got a call from Michelle at N2VZ she told me that they failed to make the connection of my business e-mail and my ham e-mail with PayPal. Now having said that does still not explain Bill not returning my e-mails asking where my device was, that should have been a clue.

Now to the device itself WOW, I am glad this worked out. After following the installation instructions that are provided this thing works like a champ. I was in my rather large carport without a whip on my screwdriver and it tuned it right out on 20, 17, 15 no problem FLAT SWR with no whip in less than about 30 seconds. I am sure on the lower bands it may take about 45 seconds.

I also tried the Park feature and worked like a charm, no glitches buzzing or arching LOL.

So all in all I would buy from N2VZ again. I rated a 4 but for the product it would be a 5. The 4 rating reflects the lack of return e-mails asking where my tuner was. I will do another follow up on this item in about 3 to 6 months. 
AI4HO

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 07:59:14 PM »

I purchased a Turbo Tuner from Bill N2VZ on 19 June 2010 for my Kenwood TS-480HX that I installed in my 09 Ranger.  Bill moved to Florida maybe a year ago after his house in NJ burnt to the ground.  I had e mailed Bill about the possibility of going to him and saving $14 in shipping since he lives about an hour away and I was heading south anyway.  Bill agreed and on that Saturday I showed up at Bill's house and shop where he builds and repairs all of his Turbo Tuners. 

Bill asked if I wanted to go ahead and install it right then and there, that way he could make sure there were no issues with either the tuner or the radio.  Installing the Turbo Tuner is quite simple, make sure you have the dip switches set for your particular radio connect the cable to the radio and the antenna and you are pretty much done.  Well in my case the tuner worked extremely well once!  My xmit power had dropped to 0, so Bill brought out hid 480HX and we connected his rig to my tuner and antenna, and it worked no problems.  When we reconnected my rig to the tuner, my xmit power would drop to 0 again. 

We wound up taking my rig into his shop and putting it on his bench so as to in his words duplicate the problem we were seeing with my rig and the Turbo Tuner.  After 2 hours and a lot of frustration with both of us we found that I had a problem in my Kenwood TS-480HX that when connected it would xmit for a brief period and then drop to zero.  Knowing that I do have transmit power that the rig gets a little warm, we kinda surmised that there is a thermal protection diode or something to that effect that has failed or is about to go.

Now I ask you, would most businessmen take 2 and a half hours to help someone with a problem he or she has/had.  Not just taking the time, but putting your rig on his bench to trouble shoot the radio, to find out what the problem may be, I bet most would not.  What I did when I finally returned home was to take my TS-480 from the house and install it into my Ranger, I did and all is fine the Kenwood has never sounded so good, the Turbo Tuner does the job without hesitation.  My tuner tunes my Tar Heel HP-40A from 40-10 meters and I couldn't be happier.  Well I could be, my other TS-480HX is in Tampa being repaired and should have it back either late this week or first part of next week.  Bill has my business from now on, and if anyone asks about a tuner for their mobile HF radio I will definitely send them to Bill N2VX and his fantastic Turbo Tuner.

73 de Mark
W3LZK
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: