Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Signalink USB for FT-2000 and MacBook  (Read 2632 times)
KY6R

Ignore
« on: June 04, 2010, 01:36:31 PM »

I use a Keyspan adapter and run MacLoggerDX - and all is well. I'm thinking about going to HRO tomorrow to pick up a Signalink USB. They only have the Yaesu 8 pin mic cable in stock - but I could easily change the cable to connect to the FT-2000 5 pin din connector.

Any thoughts? I'm interested in going RTTY so I can achieve RTTY DXCC.
VE3WMB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 10:31:25 AM »

I have used a SignalLink USB with my MacBook and it works fine out of the box (no driver installation necessary). What I like about this interface is that you can control the RX and TX
sound levels from the front panel of the interface without having to worry about messing with software sliders controls and the interface i is powered by the computer through the USB interface cable so there are only two cables needed (USB from computer to RIG, and the cable from the interface to the RIG). I  recommend getting the mini DIN cable (I use it on my FT-897 and FT-817) as it is very convenient and doesn't require disconnecting and reconnecting the Mic if you want to do some SSB.

I recommend that you give Fldigi a try. It is a very good multimode
program and it runs equally well on Mac OS X, Linux and Windows.

Best of luck with your quest for RTTY DXCC !

Michael VE3WMB   

I use a Keyspan adapter and run MacLoggerDX - and all is well. I'm thinking about going to HRO tomorrow to pick up a Signalink USB. They only have the Yaesu 8 pin mic cable in stock - but I could easily change the cable to connect to the FT-2000 5 pin din connector.

Any thoughts? I'm interested in going RTTY so I can achieve RTTY DXCC.
KG6MZS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 12:45:16 PM »

I really like the SignaLink unit although I now run an outboard soundcard with my K3 as an isolated interface is not necessary on the K3.

If you want to run HRD and DM780 Boot Camp allows for Windows to run native on Intel Macs and works very well.  I just set up an iMac that way and really like it.

73 de Eric, KG6MZS
KY6R

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 08:32:38 AM »

Thanks guys! I now have the Signalink USB and CocoaModem working nicely with the FT-2000D and I did go ahead and put together a 5 pin din (packet port) connector to the FT-2000D. It is much better than using the mic connector.

This is a really nice setup for those with a MacBook. I am a database designer - so use OS X for fun, and Windows and Linux during the day. I use MacLoggerDX, and now all of my ham software on the MacBook really rocks. OS X - being a UNIX (BSD?) variant is so much more fun at home - if I weren't using it - I'd use Linux.

I even have CocoaNec - but trying to figure that one out - its a bit more "quirky" than EZNec on the PC.

Anyway - I'm blathering - but very happy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: