Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheapham.com  (Read 23522 times)
KB2VYZ

Ignore
« on: June 05, 2010, 01:23:28 PM »

Frank is the best in the business.  I have bought several things from Frank, and he will beat ANYONE's prices, and ships immediately.  My suggestion is to look for yourself:   www.cheapham.com

73 de Frank/KB2VYZ
N3PDT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 08:04:02 PM »

I'm fortunate enough to have a good amateur radio retailer in town that I try to support with the majority of my purchases, but I will concur with Frank, that cheapham.com is a good outfit to deal with. Good prices, good "off brand" equipment, ie their own footswitch, and prompt shipping.
KC2KMJ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 11:33:38 AM »

I just bought an Arrow OSJ 146/440 from Cheapham two weeks ago. The whole transaction was flawless and the antenna arrived no problems. MOF, the antenna surpasses my expectations every time I use it! Hat's off to Frank for great service.
KI6TID

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 10:01:45 PM »

Hey all,
  I have used Cheapham.com a few times.  I have never been disappointed.  I ordered a meter for my radio 3 days ago.  It was on my front porch when I got home from work this evening.  I got update emails when the order was placed, shipped, and out for delivery.  Good prices, super fast shipping, great status reporting.  what else could you want.  I highly recommend them.

Greg / KI6TID
K4FMH

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 01:49:13 PM »

Back in November (2010), I bought an LDG AT-600Pro autotuner from Cheapham...best price I could find. Because the antenna I intended to use was delayed in getting up in the air, I just opened the box to install the auto-tuner. I found that the center-pole power lead was missing. I could get something at RS to make one but it was Easter Sunder so scratch that. I sent Cheapham an e-mail stating the issue and one was shipped out today (the next day!). No charge. With an apology.

Can't ask for better service.
W8RMA

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 12:03:49 AM »

Frank makes doing business easy.  Very good communications, great prices and fast service.  I highly recommend.
W4KPZ

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 03:49:56 PM »

I have bought several tuners from them over the years and they are A+++ in my book. Always received fast and never a problem. Best of all if they stock it you won't find a better price.
KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 06:05:21 PM »

I bought the Coax Crimper kit and a selection of crimp-on connectors.  The ONLY thing I can criticize on the purchase is the supplier of the kit, HiSierra, assume that the user knows exactly how to use the tools and only includes minimal instructions.  Service from Cheapham was top-notch in every respect!!
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 05:16:21 AM »

Dittos all above.  Great to deal with.
KD4EBL

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 12:14:27 PM »

Just recieved my first order. Everything was perfect, the order was shipped right away. the packing was great and everything arrived undamaged. The prices can not be beat!
KC2OTC

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2012, 09:54:47 AM »

Great store to deal with,,I called after hours to ask a question , left a message and the following morning Frank returned my call, very professional and had what I needed, Only living about 20 minutes from his store I drove there and picked up my antenna, I was very impressed by the neatness of the store and the willingness Frank has to help,, no pressure at all, a pleasant buying experience, from a very well organized and pleasant business,, nice to deal with a person that is not looking to make a sale and push you out the door.. will be buying from Frank and cheapham in the future..
W3OWL

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2012, 05:27:50 PM »

Sorry, but I must disagree with you guys.  I bought an antenna tuner from Cheap Ham and it was defective upon arrival.  When I contacted Cheap Ham, they told me that they weren't in the business of having customers "trying out products, then wanting to return them."  I didn't want to "try out" anything, I wanted to purchase an antenna tuner.  They would not allow me to return the product because I had "opened the box."  Um, how would I use the product without opening the box after receipt?  I finally had to return the tuner to the manufacturer, and it was repaired under warranty.  I have just received a substantial grant for a new ham station at the local high school, and I won't be buying anything from Cheap Ham. 
KC3Z

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2012, 10:04:10 AM »

I'm very sorry to see the previous reply.  I have purchased cable, tuners and antennas.  All, with the great service and notifications described by others.  It must be one of the last places on Earth where you can buy with a US Postal Money order.  My wife opens our credit card statements before I can get to them.  The Money Orders saves the agony of explanation.  Dean
VE6ICE

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2012, 08:47:18 PM »

Very pleased with CheapHam.com for the following reasons:

1) Shipped instantly, like Digikey.  Now that's a compliment.
2) Items were close to same price as Hamcity, but USPS priority post (To Canada) was much less than Ham City.  Total came to $147.70 incl shipping by USPS Priority Mail International.  Ham City would have been $168.00.
3) The stuff got here right quick with no duty and was packed well.   Means they did the paperwork right.

Ham City seems to have a better website for sure, and cool contests too.  Also their prices are the best as far as I can tell.  However, cross border shipping is an art and few can master it, so that made the sale for me.  Also CheapHam auto-calculated the shipping charges before I had to enter payment info.
KE4VVF

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2012, 01:10:31 PM »

Placed an order for an LDG IT-100 tuner and an antenna switch at 2:41 PM and it was packed, shipped and picked up by FedEx at 3:23 PM.

I almost wet myself.

They beat everyone's prices and shipping was very reasonable.
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: