Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheapham.com  (Read 23618 times)
K4FMH

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2012, 05:18:57 PM »

I've been ordering from CheapHam.com for awhile, largely due to comparison shopping. On the items I was looking for, they had the best price+shipping! A bonus is the very quick processing and shipping.

I just bought a Heil PR-40 package with the boom and foot switch ... Was here before I expected it! I consider them at the very top among vendors carrying comparable products!

Frank
K4FMH
WA8MEA

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2012, 11:16:34 AM »

W3OWL:

I was feeling like a loner until I read your post.  I, too, was treated tersely.  Last week was the first time I ever tried them.  I ordered a couple of baluns.  Suddenly, I get an e-mail stating my credit card transaction was rejected.  Upon calling the company, to see if maybe I had entered a wrong digit, I attempted to give an order number.  The person on the phone snapped at me; "That doesn't help me!  What's your name?!"  Then he explains he is out of stock and the reason for the transaction refusal.  No further explanation.  I then return back to the e-mail to delete CheapHam's e-mail and find two new e-mails explaining why the transaction was refused.  Had those e-mails gone out FIRST, I would not have needed to call and been snapped at.
W3OWL

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2012, 05:34:53 PM »

WA8MEA:  Well, I won't buy from CheapHam again no matter how fast they ship.  If they won't allow me to return a defective product because "I opened the box", then I'll just spend my money someplace else.  Like you, I had some nasty emails, so I called them.  Same attitude on the phone.  That's it for me and CheapHam.  W3OWL
NJ3U

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2012, 07:01:11 AM »

I've recently ordered a Radio Oasis G5RV 105 foot length from Frank @ CheapHam and couldn't be happier with the service and sale.  Frank has always provided insight into the various products he carries and is willing to locally deliver into Central NJ to boot !

Competitive price point and good stock.  Cheapham the place for me ! Smiley
VA3CMO

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2012, 05:44:35 PM »

I had a bad experience with Cheapham.com.  I bought a power supply that arrived broken.  I e-mailed them asking for return instructions. I received a reply saying to send it to the manufacturer.  When I suggested that Cheapham exchange it for a new one, he wrote that it would sit on their bench for two weeks, then they would look at it, then they would contact the manufacturer.  I will never have the displeasure of dealing with them again.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 06:05:05 PM by VA3CMO » Logged
KD8Z

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2013, 07:45:58 PM »

I like Cheapham.com, but a 20% restocking fee is not my idea of a customer service based company.
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2013, 05:11:00 AM »

Placed an order for an LDG IT-100 tuner and an antenna switch at 2:41 PM and it was packed, shipped and picked up by FedEx at 3:23 PM.

I almost wet myself.

They beat everyone's prices and shipping was very reasonable.

Yeah, they beat everyone prices, then hit you for shipping which brings the total over most of their competition.
K2XE

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2013, 08:00:31 AM »

I've been ordering parts and equipment Frank for over a year now.  IMHO, his prices, shipping and customer service is second to none in this business. 
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: