Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOM's status on 706MKIIG ?  (Read 573 times)
K1PEK

Ignore
« on: June 13, 2010, 10:23:51 AM »

Can anybody fill me in as to ICOM status on selling and servicing, or providing parts for this rig???  Have heard that they have or will discontinue it so I'm wondering if they have indicated length of time for servicing the rig, or for getting parts from them for it??
  Tnx, Steve  K1PEK
CHRISDX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 11:05:58 AM »

Discontinued, but I'm sure Icom will stand behind such a long-standing and popular product. Just my guess...
K1PEK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 12:36:13 PM »

Chris, tnx and I will check with ICOM and post here,  Steve
CHRISDX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 01:36:14 PM »

Steve a couple other things, I had the 706Mk2g bought it new in 2009 as my first transceiver (but had many SWL receivers). Since then I upgraded to a used 7000.  The 706 was terrific and did most bands. I like HF and DXing and the 7000 has superior noise reduction, two adjustable notch filters, and is a quieter radio on HF.

As to the discontinuing, someone on a forum someplace mentioned this was due to Icom not being able to get enough of certain parts. I'm sure that they can and will support the radio for a long time.  The 706 was the best selling radio in its class for I dont know how long and I had no complaints, but the 7000 is another level higher.

Anyway thats all I know.

Regards,
Chris
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: