Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DX Engineering = 5*  (Read 19420 times)
ZENKI

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2010, 12:39:03 PM »

Well you may have those views about exporting. But let me tell you the ham radio industry are living in their own little world worrying about online fraud.  I deal with many other USA online companies and NONE have these silly policies like ham radio companies regarding online transactions. I have never been asked to XEROX my drivers license, credit card bill and  provide a full private dossier on my life to  buy more valuable goods online.

DXENGINEERING is a professional online  company like  Amazon and the many hundreds of online companies who deal with overseas customers daily without the "siege"mentality and negative hostility towards customers who want to give them money. While I can understand peoples need to protect themselves from credit card fraud etc, the banking credit cards system is international and its their job to do the vetting and catching. Insulting your customers by treating your customers like criminals because of your biased perceived notions is not good business practice.

Anyway I am happy with DXENGINEERING, I can order quickly and would be happy to spend my entire ham budget with them. I used to deal with HRO a lot but they  have unleashed the same BS of penalizing people who buy from overseas. No other  online shopping industry sector has these archaic BS policies that ham radio companies have when dealing with overseas companies. I buy watches from the USA well over 5000 dollars  and I can complete a online transaction in 3 minutes with no problems! Some companies wont ship a miserable Heil microphone overseas with all their BS procedures, which is entirely BS copied from other dealers in the ham industry

Anyway DX engineering's success speaks for itself, you know you dealing with professionals who know what international trading is all about.
They also know that if you live in Western 1st world country  that there is no issues with credit with fraud and stuff going missing because of theft in the post. That kinda thing does not happen in modern countries. YES WE ALL KNOW WHAT COUNTRIES TO AVOID!!!!!!   and I dont blame any company for not dealing or sending goods to these countries.

Anyway for ham radio DXENGINEERING is THE company to deal with for overseas orders. Other may choose not to do so and thats fine.
ZS6MAW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2010, 02:01:24 PM »

I live in South Africa and placed my first order ever with DX Engineering for some connectors, etc. In a few hours' time I received the tracking number for my order and a week later the package arrived! I buy a lot of Ice Hockey gear from the USA and that gets delivered via UPS or Fedex and not a single time was the order processed so quickly or did the parcel arrived so in such a short time. From now onwards I will always order my Ham Radio requirements from DX Engineering!
KT0NY

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2011, 03:20:24 PM »

I just put up a DXE Hexx Beam and had a good all-around experience with the product and with DXE. The antenna kit was beautifully packaged, but somehow an aluminum tube was missing, which meant I couldn't do much to put it together. Meanwhile, I had already hired a guy with a hoist to come put it up in two days. Bob at DXE arranged to ship the part to me via overnight express, I got it in time, and all ended happily. Plus it's a great antenna -- see the antenna reviews for my comments there.

Tony KT0NY
KH6DC

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2011, 08:14:45 PM »

They are the bomb, I give them 2 thumbs up and 5+++ Cheesy

73 and Aloha,
de Delwyn, KH6DC
NZ5L

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2011, 11:21:40 AM »

Kudos to DX Engineering for a practical and thrifty Field Day multi-band antenna system.
Our DXE-WA-70 dipole went up in about 30 minutes (with a crew of 3) and provided excellent results on all bands (40 and above) at a modest height of 35'.    Some of our less experienced HFers were surprised how effective a simple, inexpensive antenna can be. 
Their lightweight solderless center insulator was very handy and worked well.
PS - Their service was also first rate.   I won't hesitate to order from them again.
Norman Sullivan, NZ5L
W6JMF

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2011, 10:25:58 AM »

I'd give the DXE folks 3 thumbs up if I was so equipped.  They host a great application note under their "wire antennas" section (written by KB8UUZ) on how to build a NVIS for 40/80.  I built and used it for FD 2011 and at least on 40 it worked gangbusters (didn't get a chance to try 80).  We easily covered the west coast from a park in Northern California.  Every time I've talked to these folks, I've learned good stuff.  Good stuff, good people.

jim
w6jmf
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2011, 08:19:58 PM »

Love DX Engineering!
KB1TXK

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2011, 11:54:53 AM »

I <3 DX Engineering!!!!

G1KQH

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2011, 01:55:11 PM »

Prompt despatch from DX Engineering, well packaged MFJ259, which I recieved here at my UK home.

Superb service!!

Hope to deal again in the future!

K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2011, 04:39:23 AM »

>>>I get sick and tired of being treated like a terrorist by US companies who think that anyone outside of the USA that uses a credit card is a criminal wanting to rip them off, especially when you from  modern western country  that has  very strict fraud laws.<<<

I can feel your pain, but you have to realize that it isn't only the US companies, but the credit card issuers and the respective banks that put a lot of the restrictions on credit card use.  My bank recently sent out an advisory to its customers that it would not allow any charges from overseas companies through its system--and this is set in stone--not even its customers can override that.  In other words, I can't use that credit card to buy ANYTHING from overseas, nor can I use it out of the country!  In other words, I would have to get a special account and pay outrageous fees to have the ability to use a credit card anywhere but in the US of A.

Please remember that there are three or four wringers that charge accounts go through--it isn't only a matter between you and the seller anymore.  And the companies and the banks have to comply because most of the time, The US Government is the one that put those "protections' in place--and forces us to comply with them!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 04:42:35 AM by K1CJS » Logged
N4FZ

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2011, 10:04:07 AM »

Bob Hajdak - N8QE
DX Engineering Customer Support
dxengineering@dxengineering.com
Orders 800-777-0703
Tech Support 330-572-3200
www.dxengineering.com
 Customer   07/14/2011 11:58 PM

Great service!

DX Engineering, I recieved my new Vibroplex Iambic standard model today, shipped to my door in 2 days, very well packaged! everything looks great! A quality American made keyer that I will enjoy for many years to come.  I look forward to doing business with you again in the near future. Thanks once again! Gene N4FZ
N0ORQ

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2011, 07:21:23 PM »

I have recently received my first two orders from DXE.  It was very impressive how well my two packages were packed. 

73 Joe N0ORQ
KC8OCK

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2011, 01:04:29 PM »

Thank you DX-Engineering!
This past weekend our County ARES members were tuning and installing a Hustler 6BTV HF vertical antenna. After a long day in the hot sun going through the tuning process, we were frustrated after following the manufacturers assembly/tuning instructions. I visited the DX Engineering website due to previous experiences in search for a solution. Thank you for your section on this antenna that allowed us to tune and operate in a couple of short hours the following day.

This antenna is our HF emergency communications antenna for or county EOC and your dedication to amateur radio has made this installation complete.

KC8OCK
EC/ARES , ARRL
Ontonagon County Michigan.
AJ0Z

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2011, 04:03:24 PM »

I'll add kudos for DX Engineering as well. I ordered an amplifier and tuner from them. The amp was damaged in shipment and the tuner was DOA. Both were in unopened original MFG shipping cartons. DX Engineering had them both picked up and replaced as quickly as possible. Unlike other reports I have seen here I did not have to wait on resolution with UPS to get the damaged equipment replaced.

They are great with information and recommendations as well as filling and shipping orders. Since they stood behind me the last time I just ordered some additional equipment. As I told them they are my vendor of choice when they have what I need.  Usual disclaimers apply, just a satisfied customer.

Andy - AJ0Z

KA1ICA

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2011, 04:55:03 PM »

A first class company. A pleasure to do business with them.
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: