Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: eQSL access frustrations  (Read 2396 times)
VK3PDG

Ignore
« on: June 20, 2010, 05:55:27 AM »

Hi from (not so warm) Wintery Australia. Recently I became aware of a dozen or so eQSLs awaiting collection after my return to the HF bands over here. However, when I tried to register/access eQSL, I kept getting advised that whilst I was registered, I needed to enter my confirmation code in order to log in.
Apparently that code was emailed to a long-dead address 2 years ago and I now have no way to retrieve it. When I tried to email eQSL for some help, I discovered that either:1) my pleas for assistance were not getting through, or 2) They may have got through, but the expected answer was not getting back to me. Question, does anyone know how to contact the staff there so that I may finally get registered?

Has anybody else had a similar problem?   Thanks from Mark, VK3PDG   
WW5AA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 04:02:11 AM »

Mark,
Contact Mike, N2MG : n2mg@contesting.com

73 de Lindy, WW5AA
W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 05:06:18 PM »

NEVER had that issue but I did have a CRAZY Canadian eqsl user who sent me a NASTY GRAM for NOT answering my eqsls & NOT using the service which I CHOOSE "NOT" too use.Guess he thought he would change my mind if he acted like a total IDIOT but he FAILED! Glad some folks use it so they can save a few pennies but it's NOT for EVERYBODY!

Clayton
W4KVW
AB4D

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 07:37:58 PM »

I agree with Clayton, its not for everyone. I deleted my Eqsl account.  I constantly kept getting QSL requests for contacts I never made, and found the site to be a little quirky.

To me, eqsl is equal to a lot of virtual things on the net.  It mimics the real thing, but it leaves a lot to be desired.

Currently, I just send/accept traditional paper qsl cards, IMO there is no substitute for a real printed qsl from the OM in his own handwriting.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 11:10:13 AM by J. Jones » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: