Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prop software Reccomendations  (Read 503 times)
W8VZM

Ignore
« on: January 10, 2008, 09:22:02 AM »

I am wondering what propagation software you might reccomend? I am using Ham Cap and it seems ok. What do you think?

Ron W8VZM
KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 06:52:13 AM »

I use VOAProp http://www.g4ilo.com/voaprop.html which runs on WIN98 or later and on Linux under WINE.

From the web site:

VOAProp was written to meet my need for a program that would show me what HF band propagation should be like on a particular day on a particular band. It is the successor to my popular propagation program HFProp, which used fast, but not very accurate propagation modelling algorithms. VOAProp uses the well-regarded VOACAP forecasting software, and provides a simplified graphical interface for it so that you can get an overall idea of how propagation should be at a given time and date without getting bogged down in detail.
K0IZ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 03:44:57 PM »

Ham Cap is good.  You might want to check out my survey of programs in QST Oct 2006.
K2JF

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 05:12:23 AM »

I ordered a copy of the October 2006 QST article on propagation software reviews and am waiting for it to come. But one question: I am a CW rag chewer almost exclusively and find that all the propagation programs focus on the serious dx-er. Is there a program that focuses on propagation between US cities and states? I would love to see an interactive map of the states where I could place a cursor and see the propagation. Does anything even close to this exist?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: