Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NON-DX logging software  (Read 651 times)
W0FEN

Ignore
« on: April 25, 2008, 06:24:46 AM »

I am not a DXer.  I want a general purpose logging software.  I work some Nets and casual rag-chewing.  It seems that most of the logging software is directed toward DX-DXCC, etc. I want something that I can upload the files to eQSL.  I like to be able to peruse the Logs and sometimes print them.   I have the interface to my Rig (IC746pro) working and want the program to read the Freq/mode/time and enter it into the log.  I have tried several that don't do all I want or lack a feature I like to have.  I don't mind paying up to $25 but object to needing to purchase before I can see if it has the features I like.  I had one program that showed WAS worked that was kinda nice but that is not required.  I am tired of installing programs only to find out it won't do something.

What programs do this??
w0fen
N8UZE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 02:40:33 PM »

N3FJP's ACLOG.  You can try before you buy.
N8UZE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 02:42:05 PM »

You also need to list a more detailed specification of what you want the software to actually do.  Just ignore the awards stuff as virtually all programs have that anyway.
WW5AA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 10:01:53 AM »

Why not just use eQSL as your logger? I use it to log non-contest contacts. The search feature can be used to look up calls, and display the eQSL's. I download the ADIF file if I want certain information and upload the ADIF file to LoTW and kill two birds with one stone. In conjunction with Ham Radio Deluxe for rig, antenna, and rotor control, I have eQSL set up as a pop up window.

73 de Lindy
K9UW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 01:57:46 PM »

As a DXer I LOVE DXLabs but, before I found it, I tried just about everything out there.  For your purposes, I concur with the suggestion that you look at ACLog by N3FJP.  It is simple to use, inexpensive, and the support is first rate.  It is also powerful enough to accommodate your interests and needs as they evolve.

In fact, I use N3FJP's contest modules for contesting and import the resulting logs into DXLabs.

No one product will meet everyone's needs or preferences.  Trying it out will tell you what you need to know.

73, de K9UW
W0FEN

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 06:01:30 AM »

I have decided on ACLog
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: