Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yaesu FT-8900R Software Programing Problem  (Read 1200 times)
KC0RIK

Ignore
« on: January 13, 2004, 10:44:04 PM »

I recently purchased the software programs for both my Yaesu FT-8900R and the Yaesu VX-7R.  I am using a laptop running Windows XP and a USB to serial adapter to connect the data cables to the radios.  The software program for the VX-7R works great.  The software program for the FT-8900R just sits there and then finally gives me a error.  It does not send too or receive from the FT-8900R.  I downloaded the latest revision of software program patch but still has the same problem.  I get the same results when I used a different laptop (Windows 98) which has a serial port built into it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Craig
KC0RIK
WCHIJA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 02:27:34 AM »

Try using the Commander Software for the VX7. I have the ADMS and Commander, the commander wins by a wide margin. There is an aftermarket program for the 8900 also, google FT 8900R and you should find it. You can also google VX-7R Commander to find that software. I run it on Vista with no problems.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: