Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: why no panadapters in the after market.  (Read 395 times)
WT4T

Ignore
« on: June 12, 2008, 11:33:45 AM »

I just read a artical about the panadapter that is being developed to use with the k3 radio. From what I read ,it is being made with only the k-3 in mind. Searching on google,found a Z-90 panadapter that has been discontinued. I really like the panadapter on the pro series of rigs and find them very useful, as is the panadaptor on the flex 5000a and the SDR software. My point being, many of us have older rigs,or rigs with no pan scope. Considering the fast moving sdr field with all its hardware and software, it seems strange that a simple IF interface board and a digital control box combo would not somehow show up in the marketplace. It seems that several have come close,but I do not see any around today.
  Just a thought.
dale wt4t
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 12:12:38 PM »

For very very little money, you can buy a SoftRock receiver (it's literally a very very tiny PCB) and hook it up to your sound card jack and get a spectrum analyzer showing the band or subset on your PC.

Google "softrock" and "spectrum analyzer", and you'll see where some have added this at their receivers's IF, and others use it as a completely independent receiver.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: