Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Strange or what ?  (Read 1172 times)
G0GQK

Ignore
« on: July 08, 2010, 01:18:50 PM »

For the last five days computer A, which is in the house, is unable to download QRZ.com. via Favorites, or Google, or the internet. All its getting is the headings and the advertisements, its been 20 minutes now and still its not downloaded. Computer B which is in the shack, has downloaded the pages, forums, news etc quite normally in a few seconds

Can someone advise me, is the problem in my A computer, or is it a problem at QRZ, is their computer not accepting A even though I can log in on with a password in computer B.?

Regards, Mel G0GQK
LU2DFM

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 02:38:50 PM »

Hi.
You're not providing enough information. What's the layout of your LAN? Can you ping from PC to PC and PC to router? Are you using static IP addresses or the router provides a DHCP service? Are you over wi-fi or UTP? How about DNS servers?

My guess would be the problem is on that slow-downloading PC or on the link to it.

Best regards,
Fer
G0GQK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 02:01:03 PM »

I think you have misunderstood my problem. I am unable to download and read pages from QRZ.com, the opening page freezes and no further information is collected from QRZ. The cookies have been checked and are OK.
Question.  Where do I find the cookies for QRZ in my PC so that I can delete them from my PC, then I can log in as a new customer. Its an idiotic problem.

G0GQK
G0GQK

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 01:09:55 PM »

The problem has been solved, I downloaded Firefox and everything is now OK again.

Mel G0GQK
K0BT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 02:17:49 PM »

Mel,

You can download a freeware utility called CCleaner to get rid of all the trash, cookies, and temp files in case you still want to scrub that system.  It is a handy tool to keep in your software toolkit.

Bob
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: