Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ECHOLINK  (Read 405 times)
KB3RMX

Ignore
« on: September 14, 2008, 02:09:26 PM »

Is it just me or is there anyone else out there who thinks that Echolink is harmful interference. Everytime I get on to our local simplex frequency and get a qso going with some of the locals, I get that echolink sign on by a few echolink'ers.  I think this in annoying and interferes with the ongoing qso.  
Although I don't think echolink is ham radio, I have nothing personally against it.  I do beleive it should be used down on the digital modes of the band.  I don't think it should be up with the regularly used simplex and repeater frequencies. Just my 2 cents worth.
AB3BO

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 06:29:59 PM »

I do not view Echolink as harmfull interference, if an individual chimes in on simplex or a repeater and fails to listen before proceeding (budding in on an existing QSO), I view that individual's behavior as poor choice and interference.

I believe Echolink is a form of Amateur Radio, although I prefer it when amateur radios are use in conjunction with echolinked computers. One factor in Amateur Radio is the Art of Amateur Radio. I believe Echolink, the use of enhancement of, experimentation of etc, are important in helping to evolve (an area of) the art of Amateur Radio.

---Don--- AB3BO
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: