Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Small Wonder Labs  (Read 2788 times)
KD4SBY

Ignore
« on: March 15, 2010, 09:02:38 AM »

Does anyone know how to contact Small Wonder Labs by email? Can not find an address on their Website. I placed an order by them back in February and have not heard anything back from them. Have PayPal receipt.
KC9HOZ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 12:52:40 PM »

K1SWL[at]earthlink[spot]net

From the 'Order' page of his site

Scott
kc9hoz
KC9HOZ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 12:53:51 PM »

Oops... forgot the address:

P.O. Box 187
Newport, NH 03773
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 10:46:01 AM »

"I placed an order by them back in February and have not heard anything back from them."

Well, expect a 3-5 month wait with SWL kits, except maybe the Warbler, which I think Dave keeps in stock.
Dave posts your callsign, date of order, and where you are in the waiting que for that particular kit to be shipped. It's a one man outfit and he is a busy guy. But I tell ya, his kits are the BEST and well worth the wait.

I've built the PSK-10 (now discontinued), PSK-20, PSK-40 (original versions)and the Warbler. Also the long discontinued SSB White Mountain 20 and WM-40.
All great performers, just great.
I've got an unbuilt White Mountain 40 kit with enclosure and CW audio frequency announcer chip.
I am hanging onto this baby. In 20 years when there are no more kits with leaded parts (SMT only) I'll get a fortune for it....Nahhhh, I'll probably build it someday for 75m use.
KD4SBY

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 11:16:31 AM »

Thanks fellows! I found the address. I never went all the way down on the order page for I was not interested in the products below the one I was ordering.
Somehow the email order conformation got lost, but Dave got in touch with me right away and shipped it not four hours after I contacted him! That is service!
Thanks Dave!
BTW. Do I notice that the 20 Meter band is more open than the 40 meter one? I hear a lot more on 20 than on 40. Or is it my location/antenna?
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 02:05:59 PM »

"BTW. Do I notice that the 20 Meter band is more open than the 40 meter one? I hear a lot more on 20 than on 40."

If you are just talking about PSK activity, there is just a lot more activity on 20m PSK than any other band. It's always been that way.

Overall activity, it also depends on when you are listening. 20m is more of a day band, and 40m more of a night band. For right now...when sunspots get better 20m can be open day and into the early evening.
N4OI

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2010, 05:34:27 AM »

IMO, Dave's kits and customer service are so superior in product and value, I view the long wait times as just an endearing quality of the overall experience.

Thanks Dave!   73 de Ken - N4OI
KD4SBY

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2010, 06:04:45 AM »

AD6AK: No I was talking about SSB. Last weekend the bands were very active on 20, I heard Europe (Poland, France and Austria) on just a MFJ portable QRP telescopic antenna. They came in 5 by 9!
I did not hear very much on 40.
N4OI: I absolutely agree with you. In my case, Dave had announced on his website that he was out of PCBs and they were on backorder.
I just now received the kit I ordered, it is first class.
I am in the process of assembling it, it reminds me of the good old Heathkit days!
KD4SBY

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2010, 06:07:15 AM »

AD6KA: Sorry, I misprinted your call letters. (AD6AK)
N3TAV

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2010, 08:17:39 PM »

Europe was open most of the past week - I heard Switzerland and Austria 20 over on one of the telescopic antennas as well.

Just was a great 20 meters week.
KB1NLW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2010, 06:54:35 PM »

There is more PSK action on 7035 kHz than 7070 (supplied by SWL) kHz so I added a second second crystal oscillator Just have to switch the power to the selected oscillator circuit.  Alternately just build it for 7035.

I also built the 20m version and The Retro 75.  Dave does a great job!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: