Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Echolink Linking  (Read 386 times)
KF0X

Ignore
« on: October 09, 2008, 11:14:33 PM »

I looked through the forums and could not find anything on my question, so here goes...

I live in Tucson and our analog repeater has WIDE coverage. However, Tucson is a mountainous area with a few "holes" in the coverage due to shadowing by the mountains. I am putting up another repeater near the largest of these "holes." I am planning on linking this new repeater to the main repeater via Echolink. We run Echolink 24/7 currently on our main repeater. Since there is no way (no feasible way) to link the two repeaters via microwave or radios, Echolink seems to be the choice. Both repeater sites have a TON of bandwidth. I know you can link without Echolink, but from what I understand, the equipment is rather expensive to do that. HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS:

1. If we are linked 24/7, does that in any way effect proper operation of Echolink on the main (or new repeater for that matter) repeater? Echolink would be set for a high number of multiple connections.
2. We use the club callsign-R currently for the main repeater and we will use my personal callsign for the new repeater as well as Echolink.
3. Will there be any ill effects to users (both incoming and outgoing) whatsoever by linking 24/7?

Could you please give me your advice? I would greatly appreciate it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: