Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you want in a club?  (Read 77555 times)
KK4CPH

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2011, 07:06:48 AM »

Sorry I'm getting in late on this.  I'm a newbie and haven't joined a club yet but I've been looking.  I've been searching on-line and one thing that might help a club attract new members would be to have a well designed web site.  I've seen some that look terrific and have an application that you can fill out and submit.  I've also seen some that will make your eyes water using different font sizes, text overlapping pictures, links that don't work, etc.  Maybe they don't have the resources to make it better, but, as someone who is searching, I would be more inclined to check out the one that lists their activities, pictures, and a calender of events..... one that I have a "feel" for before I've contacted them.

Eric
KK4CPH
WA7URV

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2011, 09:30:31 PM »

I agree 100% Eric.  Every once in a while, I stumble across a club web site that shows they "get it."  The internet is very much a part of what makes ham radio interesting, and I've never understood it when club sites are not interesting, informative and inviting (The Three In's!)

Phil Westover, WA7URV
K5KNE

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2012, 10:40:51 PM »

Read every comment on here and elsewhere.  You can make it work, but look out for the pitfalls that everyone commenting on why they are not in a club now.

Keep in mind, having an enjoyable experience is paramount or the really good ones will not waste thier time coming to club meetings.  The "dufuses" will come, because they need to belong to something. I am a very old ham and the program meeting needs to be good for me to go to a club meeting.  I have so many times went and wish that I had just stayed home and hammed or watched TV.

Get your team working together to make the club fun and useful. Get lots of input. Talk to those who have dropped out of the club. Why? Don't listen to the naysayers and stay on the important things, training, helping newcommers, and welcoming new people. Don't let petty things dominate the meetings.

Thank you for accepting a role of leadership.  I wish you the best. Have a good year.

73  Walter  K5KNE
N5RWJ

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2012, 07:18:54 AM »

A learning  and happy environment, good-looking woman, weekend field days.
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: