Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KJ4TOF Ripped Me Off....  (Read 20762 times)
KH6DC

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2010, 10:18:19 PM »

EmbarrassedThis is the preferred method for scammers to buy something, send you a chasier's check then cancel the check only to have funds withdrawn from your account.  I used to deal with ebay since it's infacny and it's been a vehicle for scammers to steal your identity plus you shipped your goods and may not be able to retrieve it.  He'll just turn around anf flip (sell) it for a profit since he "stole" it from you.  How, the cancelled cashier's check has your account number and possibly your signature on it.  Sorry to hear of your loss.

I no longer use ebay because of this and if I do, every transaction is via PayPal only since they cover situations like this.   Angry

AUWE (In Hawaiian this means OH NO!!!)

73 and Aloha,
de Delwyn, KH6DC
W7ARX

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2010, 05:18:02 AM »

Sent this loser e-mails and PM's to reconcile, but to date, nary a response...back into the woodwork no doubt planning another scam...

Watch out...don't respond to any posts from this liar and thief...KJ4TOF....
N2SAB

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2010, 03:39:38 PM »

I notice that you stated that he used NFCU, Find out if he is employed by that service and if so then contact the security police detachment there and file your paperwork with them also. The service takes a dim view of fraud ant theft by civilians or enlisted.
W7ARX

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2010, 12:43:45 PM »

I sent a letter directly to NFCU's CEO and President, along with their fraud/security department..for such a low $ amount, they probably chucked it, but I highly recommended they re-visit their cashier check handling policies as they are nowhere like any other national bank I have ever dealt with...

Hopefully, this won't and cannot happen again....

KC8OYE

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2010, 09:59:33 PM »

you need to contact the post office too.. since he sent you the funds via the USPS, this is also considered postal fraud...
W7ARX

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2010, 04:51:36 AM »

Recent update.  I had sent letters to the CEO of NFCU, their fraud department and their funds dispersement department, along with a copy to the Pensacola PD and the local law enforcement in the particular county (forget the name at the moment) regarding the bank fraud, internet fraud and mail fraud.  Haven't heard back from them, yet, but did receive another Cashier's Check from this scammer, no note, nothing, just a cashier's check.

So I took it to NFCU branch here, and had them insure it was funded, etc. and cashed it.  Even though I replaced the lost funds out of my pocket over a month ago, at least I have the satisfaction that some heat must have made this scammer concerned and sent the funds to irridicate himself.  Issue closed but still will remind indivduals to NOT DO BUSINESS with this character under any circumstance.  I suspect as I have already stated that he may have mental or personality disorders/issues.  Don't know, and don't care.

Applying heat does help it appears.
ZF2RN

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2010, 02:54:17 PM »

On QRZ it states that W0BKR is the "QRZ Admin" for KJ4TOF.

So, you knew this person prior to all of this??

I am just a bit confused.

ZF2RN
AB9PM

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2010, 04:56:18 PM »

This is the reason I quit e-bay, just too many of them out there. The economic failures brought out every scam artist in the country.

Dave
AB9PM
W7ARX

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2010, 04:49:57 PM »

Interesting how after the "heat" was applied, this character went into the woodwork...
Well, at least it is over..just hope I don't read a repeat down the road with someone else...
 Shocked
KB2FCV

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2010, 03:33:11 PM »

Congrats on getting your money back.

How are you the QRZ Admin for KJ4TOF?
KB1SLN

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2010, 07:23:43 AM »

QRZ admin for KJ4TOF.....   Something smells fishy
W7ARX

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2010, 11:44:04 AM »

No Fish involved...sri.
W7ARX

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2010, 09:01:22 PM »

Lots of non-value added posts...wierd...
He (TOF) has gone into the wood work since the heat was applied...sure like to have the details of what happened...but glad we are done with this clown...never again...

Undecided
KU2US

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2010, 09:46:22 PM »

The only way you can get shafted by paypal is if the buyer pays thru paypal with his credit card. In your paypal account area, you can stipulate that you only accept paypal payments if the money came out of a bank account. With a credit card the buyer can stop payment for any old excuse. Not so with a bank acount.
W7ARX

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2011, 07:37:43 PM »

He is coming out of the woodwork again on QRZ so watch for any offers to "buy" or sell you something...
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: