Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Contax Oxide Inhibiting Compound?  (Read 1915 times)
NZ5E

Ignore
« on: August 09, 2010, 08:14:01 PM »

I will be putting my new T-10 LPDA together on Thursday of this week.  I have two 8 ounce bottles of Contax - Oxide Inhibiting Compound, Thomas & Betts catalog number CTB8, left over from about 10 years ago during a previous tower/ground project.  Any experience with this product?  I want to use this or whatever is currently recommended for all the aluminum to aluminum contact between boom inserts, boom to elements, etc.

The Tennadyne assembly instructions recommend a mixture of WD-40 and lock graphite.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 08:18:34 PM by Terry L. Browning » Logged
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 07:12:10 AM »

I have a tube, and it actually works fairly well. One good thing, it doesn't have a petroleum base, and those that do can have problems with some plastic materials.

AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 07:56:10 AM »

http://www.bencher.com/ham/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=28

I've used this. It used to come with Mosley antennas.
KH6DC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 01:02:59 AM »

For joints, I used the butter its not which came with the butternut hf6v.  Penetrox or noalox also works fine as I used noalox on my cushcraft r8 which was up for 10 years.

73 and Aloha,
de Delwyn, KH6DC
KI4SDY

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 06:31:54 AM »

I don't know if your compound is dried out or not after 10 years. I would try it on something easy to monitor for about a week that is low to the ground. If it looks and works OK, then I would go ahead and use on my antennas.

I use GB Ox-Gard OX-100 available at all Ace Hardware stores. It works great and it is easy to get! Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: