Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Peoria Hamfest  (Read 8304 times)
KC9ATJ

Ignore
« on: August 19, 2010, 05:47:54 AM »

I was wondering if anybody here has been to or has plans to visit the Peoria Hamfest on the weekend of Sept 18?  I am going to be in town that weekend and was wondering if it is even worth going.  I'll only have a few hours here and there to go.

kc9atj
KC9MXM

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 02:30:00 PM »

I plan on attending and testing for my extra. I have not been to this one yet but I have been told it is pretty a pretty good one so we will see. 
KG6YV

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 03:43:31 PM »

FWIW,

I grew up in Chicago and last attended the Peoria Hamfest in 1972.  It was huge back then.  I would say they had 200-300 sellers.  Bought my Heathkit SB102 that Sunday and thoroughly enjoyed the radio till I left college and got $$$ (work)....  I would hope the tradition lives and the Peoria Hamfest is still going strong. 

BTW, now I live in the SF bay area and we are fortunate to have two hamfests that each run monthly.  One has around 100 or so sellers, the other is smaller.  I guess its because there are soooo many hams in CA. 

Have fun in Peoria I remember it like it was yesterday,

Greg
KG6YV
KG9DH

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 06:41:32 PM »

I've been to the Peoria Hamfest about every year since 1991 . I've been to a few others in Illinois over the years and I think Peoria's is one of the best. I'd say probably 150 or so vendors, drawing for prizes every hour, and alot of people to talk with.

Ed
KC9QQM

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 08:58:36 AM »

After getting back into the hobby last year, I again will be there this year. Will be testing for my General. I only live 40 minutes away and love both setting up to sell and just going to buy. See a lot of old friends too.

Hope to see you there!

Jeff
KC9QQM
N1GNV

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 04:56:32 PM »

After many requests, I'm going to be there.  Looking forward to it, even though it's a long drive from Connecticut.  Please stop by and say hello.

73, John Bee, N1GNV
Quicksilver Radio Products
www.qsradio.com

73 de John Bee, N1GNV
Quicksilver Radio
http://www.qsradio.com
See us at Dayton Booths 462-463-464-465-469-470-471-472
And at Hamfests throughout the East Coast and Midwest
KB9UMT

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 10:36:57 PM »

Peoria is a decent size HamFest but if you go for sure go on Saturday....if you go Sunday you will most likely be very disappointed because those that attend on Sunday are 50% or more less from my experience over that past few years going to this one and sometimes down right dead on Sunday....also many vendors don't stay for Sunday but are there just Saturday.   Those Testing Sunday a must.  Those looking for deals outside the vendors in the fleamarket area go Friday afternoon/night early to get your ticket early and usually a few good deals are made on Friday before anyone even sets up outside...then more of course on Saturday morning 7am to 12noon.  GL

Don kb9umt
KD9F

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 04:18:59 PM »

Go on Saturday as Sunday gets real light by noon.

73 and have fun!

Gary  KD9F
WA9YOZ

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 08:53:59 AM »

Haven't been there for eons...am thinking of attending and wondering if any Amiga computer enthusiast will be there? I'm 90% pure Amiga computer user, since 1989.
If I get to attend, look for my with my base ball cap with the "Amiga" logo on it.
All have fun there!
Tony
wa9yoz
73's
KC9QQM

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2011, 10:16:15 AM »

Well even though I replied to this thread last year I will follow up this year!

GO! Even though it has gone down some over the years it is the best one I have been to in the area. I did get my general and a FT101E radio last year. This year a few more things hopefully to round out the ham shack!

Jeff
KC9QQM
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: