Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IC-7000 RTTY Amplifier Keying  (Read 1049 times)
K2QPN

Ignore
« on: August 19, 2010, 10:11:32 AM »

I have an IC-7000 that is keying an amplifier (SB-200 with a relay driver) using the HSEND line from ACC2 connector of an OPC-599 cable. The amp keys OK in CW and SSB mode. The amp will not key in RTTY mode. I am doing RTTY using the RTTY jack for FSK and rig keying. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Bob Nelson K2QPN
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 10:24:54 AM »

That is the way it works.

The way around this is to key both pin 3 of the data socket, and the amplifier interface. You'll have to isolate them with diodes. And, you'll need an isolation diode on the HSEND line too (pin 3 of the accessory socket). If you key both the PTT P, and the HSEND, the FSK won't work.

K2QPN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 03:34:47 PM »

I am using a modified Fox Delta SC-2 interface. Works fine for PSK. I added an optical isolator to key the FSKK line. I found that the PTTP line would not key the 7000 in RTTY mode - RATS. I added another optical isolator to isolate and simultaneously key both PTTP and the RTTY Send. Now everything works except the amp won't key in RTTY mode.

I am told that the mic is muted only if you use the Data connector. I could move everything to the OPC-599 ACC1 connector but that wouldn't mute the mike for PSK.

It really seems that ICOM could have thought this out better.

73, Bob K2QPN
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 03:56:58 PM »

Yup!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: