Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Taking Element 4 exam this weekend  (Read 3453 times)
KJ6GEV

Ignore
« on: October 06, 2010, 11:24:19 AM »

Hello,

I took my Technician (Element 2) and General (Element 3) exam this past March 2010 and was issued a General License a week later from the FCC. I have been studying for the Extra Class (Element 4) for the past 3 months and plan to take the exam this weekend at a VEC session here in Los Angeles.

My question is, do I have to take the Element 2 and Element 3 over again before taking the Element 4 exam this weekend? The reason I ask is when I did the Element 2 & 3 back in March, I was given this paper called a "Certificate of Successful Completion" by the VEC team that gives me credit for Element 3 (GEN) for 365 days. Kind of confusing.

Thanks for the reply.
NB9A

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 11:35:56 AM »

No you do not need to retake the previous test(s).  The Certifcate that was given to you is proof that you have taken and passed the element 3.

Good luck on the extra.  I still studying myself and hope to take the test by the end of the month.

kc9pdm
W3HF

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 12:56:41 PM »

Make sure you bring a photocopy of your license (or a printout of the "reference copy" from your ULS page) to leave with the VEs. That's your proof that you already passed Elements 2 and 3, that authorizes (requires) the VEs to give you that credit.

It also has your FRN listed on it. You should enter that (instead of your SSN) on the NCVEC-605 form.
KJ6GEV

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 01:38:11 PM »

Great, thanks for the tips and responces.
KJ1D

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 11:01:32 AM »

Good luck on the exam. I just passed my Extra a couple of weeks ago. Just relax and you will do fine.
N2LWE

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 04:23:19 PM »

How did you do on your Extra Exam? Did you pass? I just passed my Extra on October 21st.
K2YO

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 08:14:57 PM »

Well a quick look at this;
http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/license.jsp?licKey=3238384

Says that John passed and got a shiney new call sign.

Bernie
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: