The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rules on Vanity Applications  (Read 3762 times)
AB4LX

Ignore
« on: July 26, 2016, 12:37:22 PM »

I've got a question about applications that I can't find a good answer to.

Can you put in multiple applications for vanity calls?  (meaning having 1 app for several calls, then a separate app for more DIFFERENT calls) or….
Does a 2nd application knock out the first one?  or…
Do you have to manually kill the first application to be able to put in the next one?

I put in for 6 earlier this month in one application, at least one more is coming up soon for availability and I haven’t checked for August calls yet.  I’m not sure if I will ever run into a problem of missing a result before I’m able to apply for one, but I’d hate to miss out--even if the competition is extremely high now with free applications and so many extra classes trying.  I should have applied for one years ago!
W3HF

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 01:34:08 PM »

Here are some guidelines:

- You can only submit one application each day. Only federal work days count, not calendar days. (So don't submit apps on each day of the weekend, for example.) If you submit more than one app on a given day, I believe only the first will be processed--all others will be dismissed.
- Each app can have up to 25 callsigns listed. By default they are in priority order. So when your app is processed, you would be assigned the first one on the list that is available. If none of them are available at that moment, then the app is dismissed without action.
- You can have multiple applications in the pipeline, as long as each is on a different submission date. You don't have to manually kill any.
- If one of your applications is successful, all applications that are already submitted will be dismissed because your callsign (at the time of processing) will be different from what it was when you applied.
AB4LX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 06:44:18 AM »

Thanks, that's great information.  That makes it a lot easier that I though it would be.  I'm not one of the "have to apply on the first available day" people since it's SUPPOSED to be random, so I'll keep hammering them out until I get one.  I don't like the idea of using another call when I'm so used to mine, I'm mostly looking for something with less cw weight!
W3HF

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 06:36:33 PM »

I'm not one of the "have to apply on the first available day" people since it's SUPPOSED to be random...

First of all, you don't need to imply that the random process is not. It really is random.

But second, the random process only exists within a given filing day. All apps filed on a given day are processed in random order, but every single one of them is processed before any apps from the next filing day.

As a result, if you DON'T file on the "first available day" and someone else does, you are guaranteed to lose.
NR4C

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 07:35:32 PM »

No, you don't have to apply on the first available day, but kid anyone does apply on the fist available day, the call is gonna be taken.

If a call "W0XX" is available on Aug 11, 2016, and you are the only person to apply on Aug 11, 2016.  Then, assuming you are qualified for that call, you will be given that call 17 government working days later. If nine people apply on the 11th of Aug, one of those nine WILL get it 17 gov't working days later,  If no one apples on Aug 11th, then the lottery starts again on Aug 12th.  If still no one apples, then it starts again on Aug 15th (Sat and Sun, no action).  It is a RANDOM drawing.

If you put 3 calls on your application (k1ww, kw1w, w1ww), if they select someone else for K1WW, you don't get it.  If they then call KW1W and select your name, you get the call.  Your application is then tossed and you lose any chance for W1WW.  So carefully choose the order you place your calls on your application.

...bc nr4c
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: