The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vanity callsign approval  (Read 222 times)
LENNYKB2NYA

Ignore
« on: Yesterday at 06:33:34 AM »

SO, I passed my Amateur Extra exam with flying colors (48 out of 50) - waited for the FCC to process everything, the applied for a 1x2. 

My question - How long may applications typically stay in "pending" status?

Anyone have any experience  with this?

I feel like a kid waiting for package in the mail!
KC4ZGP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 07:27:33 AM »

Well, let's see. The FCC is a government agency. Any other questions?

Oh and congratulations Lenny. How's that cobweb antenna doing you. I gave up on 17 meters.
It's just so unoccupied.

Now that 160 season is upon us, I'm going to work a lot of Morse on the Top band.

Good luck and say hey to the family.

Kraus
W3HF

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 07:34:52 AM »

Well if you are waiting for a license grant from the FCC for K9RZ, you'll be waiting a long time. You applied too late for it this time.

K9RZ expired on 17 Sept 2015. That means it became available for application on 18 Sept 2017, two years plus one day after expiration. Five people applied that day, so unless all of those applications are defective, one of them will get it. A few more applied on the 19th, and then you (and another) on the 20th.

You only have a chance if all of the apps on both the 18th and the 19th are defective, meaning some technical issue. (For example, one of the three apps on the 19th was from a Tech.)

I'd suggest you spend some time on Dean Gibson's site, AE7Q. He has a lot of resources (and a useful message board) to help you through the vanity process.

By the way, the answer to your fundamental question (How long does it take for a vanity application to process?) is 18-21 days, depending on the day of the week you apply and whether there is a holiday involved. That kind of info is also on Dean's site.
LENNYKB2NYA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 10:11:18 AM »

Thanks for the info W3HF ! I will check the info out and proceed from there - I have little idea how this stuff works, so your help is greatly appreciated!

Krauss - The cobweb just went back up yesterday. I tuned it on the ground, using a ladder and too get it as high and clear as I could - The 2:1 bandwidth is pretty narrow of course, and things changed once I got it on the roof, of course.

A topic for another forum, for sure.  Thanks everyone very much!
KC4ZGP

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 10:18:42 AM »

Alrighty Lenny. Wouldn't it be easier just to climb the antenna? I can see you now. Oh gosh now I got me laughing.

And there's one 's' not two and no 'e'.

Kraus

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: