Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ham Radio Deluxe question  (Read 565 times)
K7JQ

Ignore
« on: November 10, 2008, 12:04:54 PM »

I am using Ham Radio Deluxe with my Icom IC-756PROIII, and I notice that the HRD display on the computer monitor does not show the sub VFO frequency (smaller) in conjunction with the main VFO display, like on the '756PROIII TFT display. Is this the normal display for this radio, or is there something I have to activate in the menus to display both at the same time? The help menu is a 188 page tutorial, but I thought I could get a quick answer this way. Thanks for any input.  73, Bob, K7JQ
N5VTU

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 06:33:23 AM »

Bob,
I use the same setup (Pro 3 and HRD) and have not found any way to get the sub frequency to display on the software simultaneously with the main VFO either.  There is a button on the upper left hand screen of the HRD display that says "sub".  When you click that it will toggle between displaying your main VFO or your sub VFO, but not both at the same time. When working split or repeaters with the IC-756 Pro 3, HRD shows only the main VFO (receive freq), not the xmit freq.  Perhaps someone else will chime in with additional information.

N5VTU
AB4ZT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 09:16:33 AM »

I installed HRD over the weekend for use with my 756 (non-Pro) and came across the same issue.  The HRD manual says both VFOs will be displayed IF the serial port provides access to both VFOs simultaneously.  I assume this means it does not, but it does seem strange that DX Labs Commander DOES display both VFOs at the same time, so it would seem more of a software issue than a radio issue.  Maybe in the next build?

Richard - AB4ZT
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 10:27:36 PM »

Icom transceivers do not report changes in VFO B made from the radio's front panel, so displaying VFO B takes some work:

1. when you double-click on a spot of a DX stations that's working split, SpotCollector (a DXLab component) determines the split by inspecting the spot notes, and conveys both the TX and RX frequencies to Commander, which in turn properly sets up the transceiver for split operation and enables Commander to display both VFOs

2. with the radio in split mode, Commander assumes that frequency changes are to VFO B, and updates its VFO display accordingly

3. before you generate an outgoing spot or log a QSO, Commander can be configured to automatically "sync" VFOs with an Icom transceiver to ensure that the outgoing spot or logged QSOs contains accurate TX and RX frequencies; this also updates Commander's VFO B display.

Dave, AA6YQ (author, DXLab)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: