Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FT-950 spectrum and audio scope software  (Read 1599 times)
KB1RUW

Ignore
« on: March 19, 2009, 07:18:03 AM »

I hope that this is the correct group for this post. Appologies if not. I have recently purchased an FT-950 and I am very interested in digital connectivity and control and especially analysis of the recieved and transmitted signals. This functionality seems to be covered in the DMU-2000 add-on hardware, which I do NOT want to purchase - I want to use my PC.

So far, I have already run HRD and PowerSDR programs on my PC and have sucessfully connected to the FT-950 with the serial port. Last night, I also connected the audio out to my PC soundcard (integrated, so probably not high enough bandwidth.) I think I used the REC Out port on the back of the FT-950. Anyway, I am able to control the rig and was able to see audio signals right around my frequency on the PowerSDR display. My question is, I am not fully sure what I am looking at or what my options are. I would like to be able to view signals over a larger portion of the band, similar to the DMU-2000 spectrum analyzer functionality. I would also like to view the recieved audio (which I guess I am seeing) and my transmitted waveform on an O-scope like display. I am wondering if I need to connect to a different place on the radio for these signals, specifically to see the spectrum analysis and transmitted signal. Am I using the most approprate software to view these features?

I am sure I will need a better sound card, and it looks as though one of the external USB interfaced ones would be a good place to start. Any advise here would be good, too. (I will probably try some of the digital modes later, so one that supports those capabilities would be desired.) Anyway, thanks in
advance for any advise or pointers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: