Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Icom CT-17 & 756P3 & PW1  (Read 535 times)
KI4F

Ignore
« on: March 21, 2009, 01:41:12 PM »

I have an Icom 756P3 with a PW1 amplifier. I want to connect the CT-17 for computer logging program but remote socket on 756P3 needed for CT-17 is being used by PW1. How do I make this work?
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 11:56:40 AM »

The CT-17 has four paralleled CI-V jacks on it. I think you can plug the radio into one and the amp into another. You'll need to set a fixed baud rate on everything (i.e. no auto baud detection). The PW1 manual makes a reference to connecting multiple CI-V devices although they don't give complete detail on how to do it.

For reference, the CI-V protocol uses "open collector" drivers so you can parallel multiple devices. As long as you have addresses and baud rates set correctly the devices can communicate over the same electrical circuit.

You do have to be careful of some of the 3rd party devices (i.e. not a real Icom CT-17) that do not properly implement the "open collector" drivers. Those interfaces are designed to connect to one device only - no parallel connections.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: