Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trying to find National Hurricane Center Duracell radio spot from last August  (Read 977 times)
KU4UV

Ignore
« on: August 29, 2010, 02:15:41 PM »

Hello all,

I have been trying to find a source to download the Duracell radio spot from last August that featured ham radio's role at the National Hurrcane Center.  The spot is voiced by actor Jeff Bridges, and I think it is 60 seconds long.  I have been unable to find a web page where I can download the spot.  I thought I had the spot on my computer but I am unable to play the file for some reason.  If anyone can point me in the right direction as to where I might be able to download the radio spot, please get in touch with me.  I have been unable to find a source to download the spot in doing a Google search.  I can be reached at ku4uv@arrl.net  Thanks for the help!

Michael KU4UV
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 02:29:14 PM »

I found several sites that reference that commercial (including the ARRL) but every one of them returns either a statement that the server is up or that page is no longer available.

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
KU4UV

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 05:08:40 PM »

Yes, that's the problem I having, all of the site links are gone. Cry
KJ4VTH

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 08:12:55 AM »

"The radio spot entitled “Hurricane” highlights the efforts of an all-volunteer army of ham radio operators for WX4NHC"
http://www.duracell.com/en-US/print/pressrelease/air-rescue-te-release.jspx

Maybe that group can help you out ( wx4nhc@wx4nhc.org )
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: