Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2010 Arkansas QSO Party  (Read 4008 times)
AD5WI

Ignore
« on: August 30, 2010, 07:35:45 AM »

Hello everyone,

I'd like to invite everyone to join the fun in the 2010 ARQP Sept 11, 2010. I'll be roving and my planned route will cover Carroll, Boone, Marion, Baxter, Stone, Searcy, Newton, and Madison counties. My operation will be on 20 & 40 meters CW only, I'll try to be around 14.040+/- and 7.040+/-. There will be anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour between counties that I'll be off the air.

Please remember my cw speed is around 18wpm so you speed demons out there might have to slow down a bit.

A special thank you to the 3 mobile ops ( Alan N5NA, Larry K5END, and Norm W3DYA ) who are coming from out of state to activate most of the counties.

It looks like 69 of the 75 counties will be activated

For more information, rules, and the route map visit the ARKAN website www.arkanhams.org

73, Mark AD5WI
KD8IZZ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 02:14:58 PM »

Looking forward to my 3rd AR QSO party. I have a perfect skip distance with my vertical in the afternoon.
KM5PS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 05:25:55 PM »

I am also planning on working the AR QSO Party this year.  I live in Boone county. 
73's
John-km5ps
K5END

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 07:38:10 AM »

ArQP was a lot of fun. I logged my first contact with the Czech Republic and mobiled through a number of counties. I had planned to do SSB also but I was kept busy most of the time with CW on a single band, 40 meters. Only problem I had on the road was a lot of power line (or some other) noise in some areas. At times it was impossible for me to hear answers to my CQ because about the time they'd answer we'd pass through a noisy spot.

It was the first real workout with my K2/100/KAT and my Hi-Q 4/80 and they did fine.

I used CQ/X for GPS automatic county entries, and CQ/X now works with the internal keyer for my K2 (as it does for the K3 also.)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 07:43:46 AM by Larry Kendall » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: