Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 14.19 What Are These Signals??  (Read 1308 times)
W2NLS

Ignore
« on: September 04, 2010, 03:33:03 PM »

Is anyone else hearing the constant, digital signals at 14.19? They have been going continuously for days now and are very strong in to the NYC area. I asked this in the digital Forum too but no replies. Maybe because people there thought I wanted to know what they are but I don't care. However, if you look at their signature on the waterfall they are not like anything I am familiar with. I am wondering if there is some sort of intruder braodcasting going on there?
KE4VBG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 10:28:45 PM »

Not real strong here tonight in TN but are coming from due north of my QTH just south of Nashville.
KE4VBG

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 10:50:22 PM »

They're very strong on 14.151.30 and do not read on Digipan. It shows 4 lines. Down here the lines are farther apart than 14.19. These have some warble to them.
W2MV

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 05:59:21 AM »

heard the sigs last night; sounded like RTTY, wide-spaced.
AC8HF

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 11:09:45 AM »

My buddy was over on Saturday and we ran across the same thing on 14.190.  I Googled everything I could think of to see if anyone had info on the signal, but came up empty.  And of course, fldigi couldn't make heads or tails of it.

We checked RTTY off the list based on a few factors, and none of the other standard digital modes seemed to fit.  Very, very strange...  I'd be quite interested to know what the signal is!
KE3WD

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 05:25:39 PM »

Anybody able to make and record a good digital audio snippet of this, place it on a storage site and provide a URL? 

mp3 at 128kbps would likely be good enough for analysis here. 

or even .wma format

W2NLS

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 08:44:35 PM »

Whatever they are, they don't seem to be anything like what I have ever seen on a waterfall. I'm curious if th ARRL might do anything. I have not been able to be on the air today so do not know if they are still there. But if hear them tomorrow I will record them as per the other suggestion here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: