Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: USB Driver for programming FT-8800 using FTB8800  (Read 1149 times)
HOOK

Ignore
« on: February 13, 2008, 03:07:57 PM »

I bought a straight USB to 6 pin cable from Hong Kong and there is no driver disk included with it. Windows is not finding a driver.

Can anyone recommend a link for a driver that will work with it? A buddy who bought a serial cable got a disk with a driver. Will that work?
KB3LSR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 06:14:09 AM »

I have an FT-7800, I'm not sure if they are exactly the same in terms of drivers, but you need some programming software.  I use the ADMS software from Yaesu, but there may be 3rd party software (such as the 3rd party software for the VX-5).  Try googling FT-8800 software and see what comes up.  Sorry if I'm not much of help.  Good luck!

73 de KB3LSR
HOOK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 11:23:11 AM »

Yes, the FTB8800 mention is programming software. Just cant seem to get the radio and the computer talking yet.
KD0BCC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 04:49:44 AM »

I just ordered the same usb cable for the ft-8800 and here is where to get the drivers http://www.cqpal.com/~cmdl/drv/b3.zip
i jut downloade them and waiting for the cabe. Hope that helps

kd0bcc

HOOK

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 11:02:44 AM »

Thank you for the tip.

I posted this same question on a yahoo group devoted to 8800s and someone sent me a driver he had received with his cable purchase. It worked so if your link doesnt, post here and I will see about sending it to you.
NARUNAS

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 02:30:34 PM »

I have bought the same cable from eBay and dowloaded the driver - all was ok but at this point, after the upgrades, the site is down:
http://www.cqpal.com/~cmdl/drv/b3.zip
Can someone send or post these drivers?

Thanks in advance
KC2TLL
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: